1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anybody had their 200 SLC mapped?

Was the performance and economy noticeably

And lastly I assume this would affect my warranty if the ECU was checked?

Thanks Lee

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,592 Posts
Not sure about performance and economy but is a nice gain.
For ecu warranty is hard to prove a remap but not impossible. If they really need to see any changes they can compare your current map with an original map.

·
Registered 2016 SLC200
30 Posts
Yes. I wanted an SLC 300 but without the AMG Line extras so that I could add the ones I really wanted. Mercedes marketing in the UK doesn't allow customers that choice! I bought a new 200 Sport automatic at a big discount and added my own choice of extras, then looked at tuning it.

I tried to find out whether the 200 and 300 engines are absolutely identical (I believe that they are) and whether the turbocharger and intercooler are the same, but I couldn't get an answer anywhere. If the hardware is identical then a remap to the 300 version should be possible. Why Mercedes didn't increase the power of the base model when they introduced the bigger, more modern 2-litre engine is beyond me.

In the end I talked to a reputable company that offered a 50 bhp increase, with a similar torque rise, using their dyno to set it up. It works well, around 6.0 seconds to 60mph and no adverse effects at all.

Send me a private email if you want more details.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,184 Posts
Yes. I wanted an SLC 300 but without the AMG Line extras so that I could add the ones I really wanted. Mercedes marketing in the UK doesn't allow customers that choice! I bought a new 200 Sport automatic at a big discount and added my own choice of extras, then looked at tuning it.

I tried to find out whether the 200 and 300 engines are absolutely identical (I believe that they are) and whether the turbocharger and intercooler are the same, but I couldn't get an answer anywhere. If the hardware is identical then a remap to the 300 version should be possible. Why Mercedes didn't increase the power of the base model when they introduced the bigger, more modern 2-litre engine is beyond me.

In the end I talked to a reputable company that offered a 50 bhp increase, with a similar torque rise, using their dyno to set it up. It works well, around 6.0 seconds to 60mph and no adverse effects at all.

Send me a private email if you want more details.

Members with less than 15 posts can only pm mods and only receive pm from mods.

They won't know your email addy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.