Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I bought my SLK when it was 5 months old and the dealer said the map pilot would come with it as the people who had traded in my SLK for a different car , had bought another map pilot for their new car . ( more money than sense ) . Any way when I check out the box the transfer lead for updates had never been used and was still sealed in the packet .
So I E-mailed Becker to see if I could update my unit and they declined my request . As they said the unit had been activated and the 60 day window was finished . So I contacted them again and asked if they would make an exception as they could see I had not used the download . Amazingly they said ok . That is good customer service and proves if you don't ask you don't get . I now have 2016 Maps .:grin:

Michael.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Good to know they were reasonable about it.

Depending on what model they replaced the SLK with the newer Map Pilots are just Garmin software on an SD card, so they wouldn't be able to use the old Becker unit. Even so, I'd have sold it on eBay. They're worth £200 no problem.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi wja96 ,

The salesman told me that they had bought a new Becker map pilot for the new car . As I said more money than sense .
Still their loss my gain .

Michael.:grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.