Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search function doesn't seem to work for me. Always comes up with 0 results for everything.

My question...is there a book/manual/cd/software/program I can buy that has all torque values for every part on the car??

I'm changing front springs, front lower control arms and ball joints this weekend and I can't find the torque values anywhere. I've Googled the fudge out of it!

Even Pelican Parts doesn't have this procedure listed...they have a tutorial on almost everything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm bumping this thread.

I went to the MB dealer here in Germany today and asked about a Book/CD/DVD or similar with WIS/EPC and he said it's not possible to buy??

WTF??

Can you purchase these things at dealers in the U.S. ?

I would really appreciate it if someone could post the torque values for front lower control arms and ball joints?

Pretty please??

Thanks.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
you can just go to the epc/wis login/sign/up register page in the states.
Sean is over there and has it among other overseas members

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help J.

I just registered/signed up for the European version and I only have access to EPC, not WIS.

The website is offering access to WIS for ONLY €900 per year...typical German BS.

If I register/sign up for the U.S. version, will I have access to EPC and WIS?

Thanks.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
don't know. i do not have wis as I am too stupid to use it :D
but other members in the states I know have it and will reply when they logon

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm bumping this thread.

Another question... anyone have the part number or brand of lower ball joint removal tool that will work without grinding/modifying it?

Thanks.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,177 Posts
The STAR Service Manual isn't available any longer, if you find a used one you're lucky (I've been looking).

It requires windows xp if you do find one.

I have the R171 version running in a VM dedicated to the task.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.