Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps.

I was searching for a few parts for my SLK and came across a wreckers with a 1999 SLK 230 with 5 speed manual Sport package!

She was hit in drivers door/front fender area but might she be worth salvaging for the right price? I know these cars are pretty rare with stick shift right? I have the 1999 base SLK 230 same year and colour but pretty high milage. Maybe I could use mine as a parts car for it. Thoughts? Worth it?

Attachments

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,511 Posts
There are the usual disclaimers in recommending a injured SLK:
1) Is there frame damage;
2) Condition of the suspension components;
3) It *is* a used car, how was it driven/maintained?
With all that said, there are people that have rescued injured SLK with great success. If the car calls to you, and you can take an unbiased look at the particulars - maybe, just maybe - if the price is right, you might want this car.

My 2 farthings.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,543 Posts
A lot of what Mensra said! Frame damage, maintenance history before, and PRICE are the key elements. If you have the time and patience, it might be a lot of fun if you like working on cars. On second thought, looking at that driver side wheel, you might want to check out the suspension too! LOL But it could be fun! That "Wheeler Dealer" SLK episode got me all hyped up to do some stuff!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I see an automatic shifter in the pictures?

At any rate, from the pics you have, at the very least some suspension damage, which is not too big a deal. Any frame work needed would be of much more concern, and impossible to get right in a home garage without proper equipment.. Still an interesting proposition!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I thought it looked like auto from pic too but original listing at auction also says standard but at any rate it is branded salvage so I'm passing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.