Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says I'm looking for ideas to "man up" my car a bit...I love the color because its very noticeable and different than a lot of cars....On that note it does seem a tad "girly"...any suggestions (tinted windows aside) to make my car look a little more masculine? Thanks

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,917 Posts
You have a very clean car that as you say is quite noticeable due to the teal color. Since you asked....IMHO I would black out the rims, change to black Spider headlights, and upgrade the grille to a 3-bar style. :Beer:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I would go for clear side markers and replace all of the amber bulbs with chromed ones.

Reactions: JaysonM

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion and get a shorty antenna

·
97,272 Posts
don't 'search' hairdresser then

·
Registered
287 Posts
The best description that I ever heard for SLK was "hairdresser shop owners car". I still think they are one of the best looking cars ever, not in E Jag class, but it will be considered a classic design in another 20 years or so.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
The best description that I ever heard for SLK was "hairdresser shop owners car". I still think they are one of the best looking cars ever, not in E Jag class, but it will be considered a classic design in another 20 years or so.
While in my 280 I can't really argue with you, there are several folks on here with 55's and a custom exhaust who would beg to differ. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
55 Posts
In my neck of the woods the saying is "Male hairdressers drive BMWs, third world dictators ride Mercedes-Benzes". ;) I think that saying predates the SLK though.

I totally agree with that the R170 is a classic game-changer, and that the teal car is really nice. Lose the long antenna and you're all set.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was wondering if instead of chrome side lights I went with(see picture) and...tint the windows, black head lights... and yes the shorty antenna haha

·
97,272 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree on the black rims, that is the first thing I thought of when I saw it.
Look at AZ SLK's rims (the first person to reply).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I think you two are right about the rims...I just dont want to spend a mint on this just yet haha...I figure Headlights, tint windows, tinted side lights and if this is the antenna I should buy (says r171...will it fit?) That's about $400-450 total. I havent looked at rims but Im sure they are a lot.

·
3,917 Posts
Yeah I think you two are right about the rims...I just dont want to spend a mint on this just yet haha...I figure Headlights, tint windows, tinted side lights and if this is the antenna I should buy (says r171...will it fit?) That's about $400-450 total. I havent looked at rims but Im sure they are a lot.
Hi Zap, rims can set you back a pretty penny or not - all a matter of personal choice. I bought my TSW Jarama 17" rims from Discount Tire for $176 a piece. New wheels and tires were about the same price as my exhaust system. That is why the SmartTop was one of my last mods. :D

·
3,917 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So its either the grab bag of stuff or new rims....Seems like the little ones knock a fair amount off the list but with the rims I could possibly resell them and re-coop some of the money spent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.