Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a gas station near my house last night to fill my SLK up with gas because I'm driving to Raleigh this afternoon to get new rims put on my car. I notice this middle-aged guy around my age just staring at my car. He wasn't merely glancing at my SLK mind you but staring at it. I just smiled and continued to pump my gas while this guy's gaze had become completely transfixed on my car. Finally he approaches me and says, "I just have to have your car. Is it for sale?" At first I thought he was kidding. I've never had an encounter like this before. After we talked for a bit I realized he was dead serious. I told him that regrettably (for him and not me) my car was not for sale. We talked a little bit longer and the guy left. Then about a minute later he pulls up in front of my SLK with his tricked out Escalade. He started asking me more questions about my car. It was an absolute riot. This guy seriously wants an SLK exactly like mine.

There's no way I'm selling my SLK any time soon! I'm getting new rims installed this afternoon as I've mentioned (my second trip to Raleigh since the front rims were too big), new side markers with amber lights, John's third brake light adapter, and Halo Colorshift lights (after waiting for more than a month). This baby's mine!

It's nice to know our cars are appreciated by others.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,316 Posts
Or hijacked :D

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,498 Posts
I was looking at cars yesterday at a small lot for my stepson, his car caught fire about 2 weeks ago. This is the same lot I saw 2 slk's at about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The owner came out and after a bit, he asked me about selling my car, he wanted a 6spd manual, and really like my car when he saw it. So I know the feeling! (see I was getting to a point!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.