Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Kopi Luwak.
Coffee cherries eaten by a species of civet cat in Sumatra , who then craps out the undigested beans.
The beans are then collected , cleaned ( I hope ! ) and processed, packed and sold at $400 per Kilogram.
$3-00 per cup as opposed to 30 cents per cup. Thats just the cost of the beans per cup.
The Coffee tastes great.
( But not 10 times better ).

I believe Jack Nicholson only drinks this coffee !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's roughly $25-00 per cup in Cafe's , Coffee shops when available.

I've just been to Bali on holiday and picked up 50 grams there for $20-00

·
Registered
390 Posts
I only drink coffee made from coffee cherries that have been digested by gelded Tibetan Yaks with brown fur and then blessed by the Dalai Lama before being shipped off to Burma where they are passed through female albino Burmese Pythons and deposited in their nests along with their eggs. The nests are dug up and the beans recovered before being shipped to Saudi Arabia to be slow roasted to perfection over a natural Camel dung fire then packaged for sale in "select" markets for roughly $3,000 (US) per pound. When I say "select", I mean markets where ummm connoisseurs with way too much money are willing to spend it on bizarre coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little dig there from CT_SLK but hey i can handle it.

I make a point of trying new things as long as its not ridiculous.
$20 for 7 - 8 cups of coffee = about $3-00 a cup made in my kitchen.
Anywhere in Perth Australia coffee costs $4-00+ from a cafe/takeaway.
MacDonalds coffee in Perth is $4-15 per cup.
So i can try the worlds most expensive coffee 7 times a year for less than an ordinary coffee in Perth.
Select Markets like the USA where most Kopi Luwak is exported to !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts