Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, I don't have enough posts to reply to your PM. That item is actually pending on a couple of people locally. If they back out, then may be I'll consider shipping.

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey I am actually in your area are the filters similar to the green filters?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Similar in ways that they both improve air flow. Which is the best? Well, that's an on-going debate. People say they notice a difference in acceleration and so forth after replacing their paper filters with either Green Filters or K&N. I have K&N in my 2 other vehicles, but I use them more for convenience rather than trying to squeeze a measly 2-3 hp, like others claim according to their butt dyno. As you may already know, K&N and Green Filters are reusable. Just clean them every 50k miles under normal driving.

On a side note, my GS350 and Pilot did have mpg improvements (1-2mpg) with K&N's. Nothing to jump for joy about, but it adds up as the mileage increases.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Make sure you "air dry" them for at least 2 days under a dust cover before installation. I have an extra pair of Green Air Filters that I plan to replace the first pair when they get too dirty. I do not plan on cleaning and "recharging" them with the recommended light oil from the manufacturer (too concerned about messing up the MAF sensor).

My other alternative would be the OEM air filters that I still have (kept inside plastic bag and stored inside cardboard box). These have 7 days of use only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Eddy! Indeed, fouling the MAF is a result from over-oiled filters. The K&N's I've installed seem to have a bit of excess oil on certain sides of the filter caused by storage at the stores. I always make sure to inspect for over-oiled spots and wipe it off before installing. I guess I've been lucky so far, no MAF issues due to over-oiling on all K&N's I've had in my current and past vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.