Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm ordering an X-pipe for my car. From the threads I've read we need part number 10791 from magnaflow which is a universal x pipe with 2.5" outlets. While searching eBay for that part number, I came across this:

Universal Stainless Steel T304 Exhaust Crossover x Pipe 2 1 2" 2 5" Inlet Chrome | eBay

Looks to be a replica of the magnaflow 10791 and the price is ridiculously cheap. From what I understand, an X pipe is empty inside so this should give the exact same effect of the magnaflow even if its lower grade stainless steel. I know its only a $60 difference but if its the exact same thing I see no reason to get a brand name. Thoughts?

Magnaflow one is here:

Magnaflow 10791 Exhaust 2 5" Universal x Pipe Crossover Pipe Stainless Steel | eBay

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,668 Posts
Remember, you always get what you pay for so don't cheat your baby!

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi All

@danny good choice , On the Ebay one do they chrome Stainless steel ??? im not sure + it looked like a lot of welding just for an Xpipe , Had my M-Flow xpipe for 3 years so far no problems .

Enjoy the sound track

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Definitely you have made the right choice!
To me, the cheaper one does not look right; it is too much of a box and I am not sure it will do the job.
The purpose of a crossover pipe is that the two columns of exhaust gasses meet up at the 'X' where they smooth each other out and continue their way to the respective resonators. The cheaper pipe looks as if this will not happen, rather the two streams will meet and mix together, which is counterproductive - I would go as far to say that you would get more performance from a basic H pipe...

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Hey Jeff,
What's your thoughts on the X pipe install? Just curious if it is an good addition to the AMG?
I don't think that Jeff has an x-pipe... but, check out one of the links in his signature for his Kleeman headers thread... Sounds like a great mod, but costs much more than an x-pipe (and delivers so much more too, apparently)! :D

IMHO, x-pipe (with 2nd cat delete) is one of the best value for money (smiles per pound / buck) you can buy!... check out the x-pipe links in my signature for more info! >:D

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi all

Your correct on the Jeff Xpipe question , He has kept the the standard setup & just had the headers swopped , But gained some Hp along the way think his up to about 415hp now :) .

Cheers

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts