Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my 2003 SLK 320 Sport has what sounds like bad cats. I dont think that it is the driver side front and the driver side rear. My question is can I install the 49 state magnaflow cats or do I need the "california" compliant magnaflow. I live in NYS and I have heard that they just inspect to see if any c02 codes are tripped. The 49 State magnaflow cat is 650 and the Cali compliant is 950...

Another option which I am open to is just cut the cats completely out and put in straight pipe although if it is a front cat that is the problem the magnaflow would fix all of this while the shop would probably charge me more to cut and weld etc.

Will 49 State magnaflow #24540 pass NYS inspection with out throwing any codes. I have searched but gotten 93 different answers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also add that i spoke with Magnaflow and they said that since my sticker under hood says "Conforms to California regulations" I need the california compliant magnaflow.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a pair of PYPES steel insert cats that passed a NYS inspection. I am willing to sell at half what I paid and will even split the shipping. Then you could remove the rear cats if your car has them. By the way I aid $300. for them. They will last and not blowout like a ceramic might. I think you need 5 more posts to be able to send a PM, mark

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,927 Posts
Mark, you could send him a pm with your email address in it :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts