Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey helpful SLK owners, After happily driving my 2001, SLK. 320 for three months, I received my first CIL, PO 130 & PO 150, L/R pre Cat O2 sensors. When I cleaned the MAF sensor, I discover the air box below the sensor was loose below the sensor & where it goes into the manifold. How do you tighten the bottom "boot"? I don't know what this part is called. It's like a rubber or plastic 90 degree boot going into the engine. Does it have a "hand shake" clamp like the one on the sensor above? Are there parts diagrams or info on this? I'm not sure if cleaning the MAF & reset, will help the CIL errors but thought it was unlikely that both O2 sensors would both go out at the same time. Any thoughts would be helpful. Another question I have concerns changing the transmission fluid. The car has 100k and runs & shifts great. I don't have the service records that show if the fluid or filter has been changed. The dip tube has a red tab that shows that it has been opened. Is there anyway to check or sample the fluid without dropping the pan. To Change or not to Change?? Thanks for this great forum.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
If it was mine, I'd change the transmission fluid, filter and gasket. That will only allow you to change about half the fluid, but at least it will give you an idea of how things look. You will need to get yourself a dipstick. Another option I guess is to suck some of the fluid out and send it for an oil analysis.

Reactions: Blessed Again

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a rubber ring on the 90 degree angle part (air intake pipe). Where you see the tabs where the MAF holder sits down into the 90 degree angle part, that is where the rubber ring is. Where the air intake pipe meets the engine, there is no rubber or sealing agent. You have the clamps that hold the MAF in place at the top, then there is a tab at the bottom that hooks to the engine. If both of theses are in place the MAF can only move a little bit. Once you put the air filter cover (engine cover) back in place directly over the MAF, it can no longer move. It is designed to have a little wiggle room so you can get the engine cover over it. Otherwise, getting the engine cover back on would be more difficult.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.