Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, on a whim, I took a look through available SLK55's in my area. I was surprised to find a black and tan (just like my SLK280) close by.

Long story short... I swapped out my 2007 SLK280 for the 2006 SLK55 R)

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the change. Both the SLK280 and the SLK55 had approx 14,400 miles so it was a wash there. The 280 had a factory warranty until Nov 2010 and the 55 has a factory warranty until Nov 2009 .

I do need to have my VIN decoded so that I can understand all the options. I have been able to determine that it has the upgraded leather package (never knew about that before).

Anyway, here are some shots of it:
SLK55.JPG

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,463 Posts
post your vin and john will send u a data card.

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations Aeroguy!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Awesome Awesome! In this case I would say change is good:tu: I bet you were hooked when that V8 said "hello":rb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the great reception :hail:

I did PM John to ask if he could provide a VIN decode :burnout:

I've got to say that the power is, well... scarry. I'm just glad I'm over 40. I know that the power is there and I'm very careful about when I apply it :biglaugh:. I could definately see how someone could get into trouble.

I loved my SLK280. I think they are under rated in terms of "graceful" power and driving pleasure. I found the power to be quite adequate and the mileage to be fantastic. I had 18's on the SLK280 and the biggest difference I've noticed (aside from the obvious brute force power) is the SLK55 cornering prowess. This thing beats the SLK280 hands down in the cornering department.

I'm thrilled with the SLK55 but honestly, I can say I'd be quite happy with any of the engines. They're all winners.

·
19,407 Posts

·
19,407 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
stunning car, enjoy it in good health......its much faster

·
19,407 Posts
Wow, that's a nice long thread. I actually read through all of it. You had quite the buying experience.

Your 6-month purchase experience is a nice contrast to aeroguy's "on a whim" upgrade move.
Part of the 6 month was waiting for the car to be built and delivered (ordered in early May IIRC, delivery was end of August)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.