Mercedes SLK World banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Fitted 2 new rear tyres yesterday. Going to give Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2 a try. Only £120 each fitted at Black Circles. After a run to Perth and back (150 miles), I can report that they are the quietest tyres I've had on Mabel. Odometer reading 145150 noted so I'll see what sort of life they give.

·
16,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Had new parking brake shoes and fitting kit, lever and cables fitted yesterday. Brake now actually works! Doubt it would be up to any handbrake turns, but at least it holds on a slope now. :)

Also replaced the blown off side headlight bulb and then discovered that the control unit needed replaced as well due to water ingress. Ahh ... the joys of living in sunny Scotland. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,572 Posts
Had new parking brake shoes and fitting kit, lever and cables fitted yesterday. Brake now actually works! Doubt it would be up to any handbrake turns, but at least it holds on a slope now. :)

Also replaced the blown off side headlight bulb and then discovered that the control unit needed replaced as well due to water ingress. Ahh ... the joys of living in sunny Scotland. :rolleyes:
What was the cost of the Parking brake Davie?
Mine just passes the MOT but is absolutely pathetic. Luckily I can adjust them by only removing the wheels but even fully adjusted and applied I wouldn't trust it, I think that's why they put an Auto box in most of them...😂

·
16,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
What was the cost of the Parking brake Davie?
Mine just passes the MOT but is absolutely pathetic. Luckily I can adjust them by only removing the wheels but even fully adjusted and applied I wouldn't trust it, I think that's why they put an Auto box in most of them...😂
Mine was passing the MOT as well Russ, but couldn't hold the car on even a slight incline, even with everything fully adjusted. Unfortunately the cable from the actual lever is an integral part of it (nice one Mercedes ...NOT) and that cost about £130. I don't have an exact figure as my indie didn't charge me for it as a reward for being so patient with them while they sorted the warranty claim for the air pump.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,664 Posts
Glad to hear the air pump issue is finally sorted. I’ve forgotten what a handbrake is with this electric one on the R172. I very rarely use it tbh. Never recall having any issues with my R171 handbrake but perhaps that’s because I rarely used that one either!

181 - 185 of 185 Posts