Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a brief list of the OEM parts you can use on your SLK320 to achieve additional power.

M112 Upgrades

• C240/C320 Airbox: PN: A1120901501; this increases overall filter area by approximately 50%, Airbox volume by 35%, and increases intake tubes to 3", a 20% increase from stock

• M113 MAF: PN: A1130940048; The V8 MAF is a full 3" design that allows for increased flow. NOTE: You must swap out sensors and use only the housing of the V8.

• M113 Throttle Body: PN: A1131410125; The larger V8 TB is opened up to 74 mm and matches the inlet of the intake manifold perfectly.

• 430/500 M113 Fuel Injectors: PN: A1130780249; These injectors are rated at 19 lbs/hr and are a great upgrade for a bolt on car.

• C43/C55 M113 Fuel Injectors: PN: A1130780023; These monsters flow 21 lbs/hr and are perfect for a highly modified crossfire running headers, larger exhaust, cams, and head work. These injectors will support upwards of 275 HP.

• CLK430 Fuel Pump: PN: A0004707894; The stock fuel pump is more the adequate at 160 l/hr to support up to 390 Crank HP (N/A), but for those of us that like to push the envelope and have added a little boost or nitrous, then a new pump is in order. The M113 (CLK430 used as example) pump flows a healthy 205 l/hr and will support upwards of 500 HP N/A or 380 HP FI.
Our performance products are built around these OEM upgrades. We offer a larger MAF housing, upgraded injectors, 74mm TB, and soon a cold air intake.

The best route for upgrading these engines is as follows:

• Intake
  • MAF
  • Throttle Body
  • Injectors
  • Tune
THe above, matched with a well flowing exhaust, has produced over 265HP on the M112 engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know TVT is out of business and this is an old thread, but Ive purchased the TB and the MAF housing from an ebay seller from the M113 V8 engine and Im hoping to get better than my current 25 mpg, highway. I trusted the reports of 27 which I hoped were conservative but I never even get as good as 25..Two wheel drive..

(My car is an E320 wagon and I found your great SLK forum through searching M112 information. Wonderful bunch here, mostly euro types. Thanks for the great community and warm welcome! )

And also considering an ECU remap (perhaps Kleeman) but not really interested in larger injectors. I just believe this engine running around the mid and low range rpm as it does, should be capable of much better MPG and performance.

Some mod to increase fuel pressure perhaps might help in order to improve fuel atomization?

I did a total tune with new wires and plugs at 120k miles with good improvement, found a loose lead on one plug..replaced air intake filters...Bought the car well maintained at 85K and the suspension failed but came back perfectly with a new air pump and some fuses..

Im really interested in learning to fool around with the ECU tuning, just as the old days when you could play with the mixture and timing and get it just right and both power and MPG would both increase..I know its black box stuff but once you understand it, everything is simple! Approached with all due respect that is..

Thanks again for the great community and resource here SLK guys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.