Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what you girls have done, (or your man has done for you) to make you baby as personalized as possible? Pics would be nice. I am searching around for ideas to make my car even more lux than it is!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I haven't done any mods on mine yet, so this thread should be good for ideas for me too!
Got home this afternoon to find me new Windrestrictor windscreen on my doorstep! So about to go and try fit it now :)
I like the sound of your swarovski crystal door lock pins! Where did you get those?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I made them but I also bought some from online. Check out this website,

www.billeteverything.com

I really like some of the Swarovski stuff that they have. A girl can go crazy there!

I was thinking about monogramming my headrest with Swarovski crystals but need to find out how to remove them!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how cute!? I raised money for Susan G Koman this summer. Best time I have had in a long time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I saw this a while ago. As gawdy as it is, I can't help but image if that was my car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't done any modifications to my toy and probably won't bother, the colour is enough to make it stand out from the crowd.

And I'm too old and ugly to go for anything that even resembles bling.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, if that is the case then I would definitely customize it. After all you can't be that "old and ugly" with a car like the SLK. That would veto that! ha ha

·
Registered
840 Posts
To do a bit of something for the interior, you might want to check out the wood dash kit I installed in the SLK 280 a few months ago.

http://www.slkworld.com/where-get-r171-slk-items/6693-wood-accents-r171-2.html#post80069

See pics at post 28.

Such modifications are controversial, as you can see from some of the other posts on this thread. All I can say is that I showed this car top down at a Mercedes/Jaguar annual show here in Oklahoma City last October, and many visitors took photos of this dash. The car got a surprising number of votes for "peoples choice", despite the fact that it was parked next to a mint 60s 190SL with 15K original miles, and a fully restored 1960 180. And, the wood trim is removable with no damage to the interior parts.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, I really do like the view of it. It is nice; however with my white exterior I would probably go for the dark onyx wood grain however, I am not sure if you would be able to still see the grain! What do you think? I have been wanting to change the interior really badly.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you look at all of the posts on the thread I posted above on wood trim, you will find info on the supplier I used. This company can be contacted by phone, and will send you samples of the many colors of wood they sell for this kit. Also carbon fiber and REAL aluminum.

I agree that this might well be overkill on a bright, multicolor interior. Especially so on a 55 AMG which has varying textures such as alcantra. But on my "black hole" interior, I think it did the trick.

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
We had these made to cover up the ugly stickers that come on the visors from the factory. :) (leather covers with embroidery)

Also added some cute graphics to the side and trunk area and our website but we're thinking about changing it this year for a fresh look and so our brother will want to drive the car more. :p

We have our WR on with laser engraved hearts and XOXO or valentines. :le:

The Door Pins are a wonderfully creative mod!! Any photos? I bet they are really nice.

Have a good weekend everyone! (we're starting early) lol

~Pam, Rebekkah, Ashli and Charlotte
WindRestrictor Crew

Here is one of our customers WindRestrictor photos. (mercedes) Oh Ya!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Windrestrictor:

As far as the ugly stickers on the sun shades are concerned, it would be neat if you would make a piece of finished leather that would cover only that sticker attached with light adhesive. Lettering or designs could be an option.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Windrestrictor:

As far as the ugly stickers on the sun shades are concerned, it would be neat if you would make a piece of finished leather that would cover only that sticker attached with light adhesive. Lettering or designs could be an option.
Won't they peel off?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.