Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Facelift r171 has four way lumbar support. Anyone know if a retrofit to pre-facelift is doable and the parts that are required?

Is the seat back itself different or could a parts swap in be possible?

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,227 Posts
My fl 09 slk 55 has no 4 way lumbar support (not available) per brochure.
optional or included in package for 300 or 350 though

·
Registered
61 Posts
Facelift r171 has four way lumbar support. Anyone know if a retrofit to pre-facelift is doable and the parts that are required?

Is the seat back itself different or could a parts swap in be possible?
Yea the lumbar began in 2008 as an option.

And yeap, you can go aftermarket. My interior guy does them often.
As far as a true retrofit from genuine MB parts, I don't know.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,227 Posts
not on my 09 fl 55 and as mentioned, not a 55 option in 09 FL brochure list of options.

so if the r171 version covers all models, cool. but if it does not cover the 55, uncool :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
not on my 09 fl 55 and as mentioned, not a 55 option in 09 FL brochure list of options.

so if the r171 version covers all models, cool. but if it does not cover the 55, uncool :D
That's true. For some reason the SLK55's didn't get it. I guess cause the seats are slightly different?

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The Brochure also shows the '55 seats are a different seat. So possibly the 4 way lumbar wont swap into a different seat back.

So I'm back to a little lumbar pillow unless anyone has something more advanced to share.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG,
213 Posts
My fl 09 slk 55 has no 4 way lumbar support (not available) per brochure.
optional or included in package for 300 or 350 though

Well THAT's an unexpected disappointment. The brochure is quite misleading. Though the table in the back clearly states that lumbar is not available on the 55, the description on page 38 clearly states that it IS....:surprise:

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Older thread, but still a timely subject.

Still hoping for a better solution for my lower back than a lumbar pillow..

·
* Registered Sold my SLK
200 Posts
Older thread, but still a timely subject.

Still hoping for a better solution for my lower back than a lumbar pillow..
I swapped in 172 seats into my 171. The 172 seats came with lumbar support and it works just fine with the 171 seat controller module(the 172 seat controller module will not work with the 171 seat control switches). Not the cheapest option, but it works and you get a vastly more comfortable seat.

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
* Registered Sold my SLK
200 Posts
I swapped in 172 seats into my 171.
Yup, I've been watching ebay for some tan r172 seats with air scarf ever since I saw your thread on this back in '16. This is next on my list if I cant come up with a solution that's easier on my wallet.

Did you ever get your SRS light sorted out? I've been watching your thread
http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/359674-r172-amg-seats-into-r171.html for an update. :wink:
I have not. I've been watching ebay for a 171 passenger seat base to pull the sensor out of. The 172 sensor does not seem compatible. I just recently purchased another sensor emulator to use in the mean time. We'll see if it actually works unlike the last one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.