Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks; had a Friday the 13th issue. 2003 slk 320 top had been going up and down fine. I went to remove a package from the trunk (top down) and bumped the luggage cover and it snapped back. I put it back in it's tracks and tried to pull it forward; but the rod binds in the guide slots as if it's suddenly gotten thicker than it was!! I oomphed it into position; but whatever I try; I get the quick red flash on the red button and top will not go up. It will raise the windows to complete the function of going down though... I checked fuse 7 - I'm perplexed; any ideas?

Thanks as always for any help!!

Ooops. Sorry~ never mind. Sleepwalking I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ugly Truth

Soooo what happened was; and I have been under a lot of stress;
my brain was functioning at a solid 1% of capacity... I was thinking; "slot" "bar" "slot for bar" "bar go in slot" "Slot" being the slot that the middle bar rides in and "bar" being the free bar that just drops onto the
spot and holds down the switch.

So when that glorious revelation came to me; (cue the cherubs and horns) I put the bar into it's rightful place and closed the roof.

So while I got you here; is there any way to remove a post you've made when you are smacking yourself in the head for being dumber than a box of rocks?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
glad you got it sorted

you can always 'edit' and delete the thread/post

or pm a mod or admin to delete it for you

or post in the thread, 'nevermind' and please delete said thread

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
for being dumber than a box of rocks?

Don't be so cruel to a box of rocks; I'm (trying to) drive this computer, that is driven by silicon, probably derived from a nearby rock.

I keep worrying about the relative level of intelligence; me or the machine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts