Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read all the posts on the forum about avoiding Chinese off-brand mounts. Went with the lemforder engine and tranny mounts that autohauz had in stock, they only had one of the engine mounts, had to pickup one on ebay. Also picked up a Stabilus steering damper from autohauz (I think it was around $27). Are there any other wear items that I should replace while I am at it... feeling ambitious with the engine mounts and all. I also need to find an inexpensive engine splash guard replacement as mine is missing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The joy of bringing home a new (to me) car, actually having a lot of fun working on it. Found a few more items missing on my SLK last evening. I finished the brake pad/rotor replacement and also swapped the air filter and here is what I discovered while looking around:

1) the black and grey engine cover/guard that sits over the intake (right of the actual engine) as shown in this video. Is it purely for cosmetics or should it be replaced?

2) replaced my air filter and noticed the airbox was not secured to the vehicle. Where the airbox mounts there is a single bolt and some sort of rubber boot, above a hole that goes straight through to the passenger wheel well. Does anyone have a suggested fix/workaround to secure the airbox properly?

3) I ordered the lower engine splash guard from Mercedes Parts yesterday, this is the one that conceals the oil pan. I am pretty sure the 8mm bolts are missing as well. Do you guys know the correct size, so I can look at my local hardware store.

4) I noticed that the breather hose had oil all over it and the box that the breather is tied to was loose. Tightened that box down, but should I be concerned about the oil buildup on the breather and what would cause that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.