Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you advise a compatible diff?
Wavetrac told that they did not have diff for that model yet.
Quaife told that I should take out my open diff, open and measure it. They would advice then appropriate diff version.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
you gonna maybe void your warranty :D

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
James from Birds Auto wrote me:

Hi Nikolai,

You're welcome.
Yes, it's not ideal for anyone, but it's the only way to know for sure. There is no way to confidently predict which Quaife LSD your differential will accept. We must wait until a customer is willing to disassemble their differential (or send it to us), or maybe if there is enough demand in the future we will buy one to see for ourselves.
It could be the same as the SLC 450... we don't know (Quaife just publish the info we give them, they don't really know anything about what their units fit, they are just the manufacturer).
Regards, James

·
Registered
155 Posts
James from Birds Auto wrote me:

Hi Nikolai,

You're welcome.
Yes, it's not ideal for anyone, but it's the only way to know for sure. There is no way to confidently predict which Quaife LSD your differential will accept. We must wait until a customer is willing to disassemble their differential (or send it to us), or maybe if there is enough demand in the future we will buy one to see for ourselves.
It could be the same as the SLC 450... we don't know (Quaife just publish the info we give them, they don't really know anything about what their units fit, they are just the manufacturer).
Regards, James
Is there such a car?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Mercedes offers one, look up the part number for a car that has the Dynamic Handling package. It comes standard with a mechanical limited slip.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Probably have to talk to your dealer and ask them what that part is. It looks like it is either the rear subframe or the rear diff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, this is the original parts list for LSD upgrade.
1. A1723503403 - diff with case
2. A1723500410 - x2 side shafts
3. A1724105500 - cardan
4. N00912010224 bolt
5. A0119901104 ?12?65 x3
6. A0109900882 Washer x3
7. A0029906254 Nut x3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unfortunately not.
[email protected]
Wrote:

Hello Nikolai,

i am sorry but the LSD is exclusive for Mercedes AMG.

We are srictly advised not to sell any LSD to customers.

The LSD can only bought at a local mercedes dealer.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Why not just get the OEM AMG LSD from a dealer, even if you have it installed elsewhere? I had ZERO desire for the stupid faux-suede material on the steering wheel, but decided to make that concession in order to have the AMG handling package with LSD on my 43.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealer upgrade price in Russia is not adequate. Diff with the case, cardan and 2 half-axis replacement. It is around $10000.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts