Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back in town, I finally picked up my slk. A black 230. Love the car, now it's time to get to work. It's not sitting very level. It looks like th passenger side is a fair amount lower than driver. It looks to me like whoever serviced the suspension didn't replace the pads correctly. I wanted to lower the car anyway, but I need to know where to get fresh spring pads, and also if I buy eibach springs, do they come with new pads?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
The new springs do not come with spring pads, you can get them from a dealer for cheap money. I think i paid four or five bucks each for mine.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,934 Posts
Wholesaleneon,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Registered 2003 SLK230
271 Posts
What size pads do I use with HR springs? Are the original pads ok to use? I have Bilstein heavy duty shocks on.

·
17,144 Posts
I beleive the OEM pads are #4's you can get anywhere from fours to #1's depending on how low you want to go. I used #2 all the way around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so heres what I discovered today.

The passenger side is 3/4" lower than the driver. I cant see any spring pads. Are they on the top? Am I going to have to drop the shock and take the spring out just to find out there isnt any at all?

Is it possible that one of the springs has just started to sag and lowering springs will even the car out?

·
17,144 Posts
You can see the pads without taking the car apart; they are located on the top of the springs. It is possible the one spring is sagging. If your going to lower the car anyway the bad spring is a non issue, if your just going to replace that one spring i have one i can sell you real cheap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually like how low it sits with the sagging spring. I hope the lowering springs make it sit this low. Whats the best way to drop the springs? A spring compressor or take the suspension apart?

·
17,144 Posts
Hate to say it but the best and safest way is to do both. The first spring took me about two hours, the rest of them went fast. I have some pictures on another site i will PM the link later tonight for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i want to lower my slk 230 1999 but idk wuts best to buy my friends say lowering ur springs will just mess ur car up n the long run so wut can i buy to safely lower my slk besides coilovers , maybe eibach springs with koni yellows? if so how much r they? name websites plz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts