Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on either Eibach, H&R or Vogtland lowering springs, my car is already lowered 10mm and looking for another 10-15mm max, but I don't want reverse rake(lower at the rear), nor do I want a bouncy ride, can anyone give me there experiences (pros and cons) of the above products.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,075 Posts
Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on either Eibach, H&R or Vogtland lowering springs, my car is already lowered 10mm and looking for another 10-15mm max, but I don't want reverse rake(lower at the rear), nor do I want a bouncy ride, can anyone give me there experiences (pros and cons) of the above products.
Thanks.
If you don't want reverse rake, then your best bet is a coil over kit (KWv3 is quite popular for R172s), see, for example this thread....

https://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r172/417689-amg-55-w-kw-ddc-coilovers.html

If you only want the lower-cost springs, then I suggest you check out the Brabus-designed springs for the R172s. I once ordered one from an EBay seller akalincardesign, but ended up selling the springs to another SLKer here... Chris <@imagine>... Maybe he can chime in on how the Brabus springs perform on his car.

Good luck...

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I would love to do KW's, but Ive just bought a BBK and dont have those sort of funds atm,plus this car will never go on track, i have another toy for all that.
will look at the Brabus ones too, cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts