Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The maximum volume coming from my Pure Highway DAB radio connected through the Aux In socket is very low. I have the basic radio in a R171.
Does anyone have any bright ideas to improve it?

Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
"Standard" radio in the R171 didn't have AUX in. There was a retrofittable line amp to address these issues - at one time, they sold for $.45.

I'll see if I can dig up a part number - alternately, you should be able to pick up a line amp from your friendly Radio Shack.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
The facelift Audio 20 has a line-in/aux connection in the glovebox. We use it for connecting an iPod, have to have the iPod volume on max or near max to get a reasonably loud level from the stereo. Doesn't seem to be a fix for this in the menus..

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Thanks for that Glen - you are of course correct, the NTG2.5 A20 head does have an AUX-In. At least one of the telematics updates claimed to fix low input volume.... I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

·
Registered
622 Posts
my clc had a line in and the level was hopeless, you had to have the ipod at max and turn the stereo up max, was always a bit of a shocker when you went back to normal radio and it blew your head off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

I have the same issue as SPW. It is OK with the roof up, but with the roof down it is not loud enough. And the roof is always down!!

The DAB Pure Highway doesn't have a volume control. It uses the car radio. I tried it in a BMW and can get it as loud as I like.

It is connected through the aux socket in the glove locker.

Can you get an in line amplifier to fit between the DAB annd the aux in? Logic suggest that it is an issue with the aux in. A common one by the sounds of it.

Geoff

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I understand that the DAB Pure Highway also has an FM transmitter - have you tried using that just to see what the volume is like? (obviously, the quality will not be as good as having it hard wired).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Woolly
Just tried and it works. As I use the DAB to listen to sport (Radio 5 mainly) the quality seems fine - and LOUD! I'm assuming it will not make any difference to where the DAB works or not as the aerial hasn't changed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.