Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean low visibility or less observable Daimler signature stickers (gummed label).

I saw this on the newer model MB vehicles as opposed to the white rectangular one (didn't like 'em, ergo I removed it within a few days of taking delivery), so I bought one of the newer sticker.

Here's how it looks applied to the vehicle (right lower corner); I like the low-vis sticker. It is applied from the inside of the front windscreen. Part No. A 004-584-73-38.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're overpriced as usual

looks nice, goes with your car color. How much are they for?
MSRP is USD $20 :eek: I got it for $7.50 (still expensive for a sticker, $2.00 would've been reasonable).

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
eddy, i got a new one when i had my windshield replaced but it just says mercedes.

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)I'm normally real picky about stickers and such. The white "Daimler" windshield sticker has been a fixture on most Mercedes as long as I can remember. I decided to leave them as is on our two SLKs. My 2005 SLK 55 also the small "Alarm" decal on each of the small side rear windows. Since they're also factory, they stay. I really like the new modern look of the Mercedes decal Eddy displayed.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more like $0.50 would be more appropriate :p. mind sharing where you bought it from since its way below msrp :)
Prolly cost MB 2 British shillings per gummed label (roughly 0.25 USD), USD $2.00 to account for profit and distribution cost, was what I thought to be "reasonable". :)

I bought it from the local MB dealer parts department where I had good relations with the assistant manager (of the parts dep't). He has since left; however, the person who succeeded him (the current assistant manager) is the same person I dealt with many times while ordering parts etc in the past and he and his colleagues at the parts concierge front desk have extended me the same courtesy. When I come in for parts, they know I usually have the correct part no., they'll initially say, "MSRP is $ xxx, your price is $ xx." :D after checking the price list on the computer.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eddy, i got a new one when i had my windshield replaced but it just says mercedes.
The parts person actually brought me 3 stickers to choose from: the white rectangular one with black signature, the Mercedes one in your photo, and the low visibility Daimler signature one.

The low visibility Daimler signature label is actually two colours: light grey/near white facing the front (sticky side) and black on the side facing the cockpit. This makes the label less observable from the cockpit and hardly interferes/interrupts the "view".

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2009 C300 loaner they provided me has the same sticker.

This is exactly how I noticed the "new" label, from the C300 loaner when I went in for TCU and ECU software update 3 days ago. I should've politely asked the tranny tech to remove the limiter function :D while they were at it but didn't know they were going to update the ECU software. Perhaps next time I meet UK-C200 (JOhn) at the next retreat :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nice lookin' sticker Eddy. I noticed the clear ones when we were at Vegas gawking at each other's cars:) I agree with Don--the white one stays as long as I have this windshield. But that won't be long as I've already accumulated several rock chips on what was a pretty pristine original factory windshield when I got the car 6 months ago. That's Arizona for you.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The clear ones look pretty cool.

However, I like mine ok. I'll wait until windshield or another Mercedes in the future to get a new sticker. :)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I don’t like badges or stickers (the only one left on my car are in the doorjamb)
Unless they are expressing my attitude :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
When Mercedes put in my new windshield I got the new label. I like it too!
SLKman:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Did a windshield sticker come on every car? The reason I ask is that my SLK does not have one. I bought it used a couple of months ago. I guess it certainly could have been removed at some point. The windshield is likely original since the car only has 16,000 miles on it and it is a Mercedes windshield. So does anyone else with an SLK or anyone with an '03 not have one and know that it did not come with one originally? Every one of my other Mercedes came with a sticker. Curious.

Len

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Did a windshield sticker come on every car? The reason I ask is that my SLK does not have one. I bought it used a couple of months ago. I guess it certainly could have been removed at some point. The windshield is likely original since the car only has 16,000 miles on it and it is a Mercedes windshield. So does anyone else with an SLK or anyone with an '03 not have one and know that it did not come with one originally? Every one of my other Mercedes came with a sticker. Curious.

Len
My windshield sticker vanished with in the first day of having it. :biglaugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.