Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a muffler or maybe a glasspack muffler to make my car sound a little more powerful than it really is. :D

Any suggestions for a low tone rumble kinda sounding muffler?

Thanks in advandce.

·
Registered
208 Posts
SLKman said:
I am looking for a muffler or maybe a glasspack muffler to make my car sound a little more powerful than it really is. :D

Thanks in advandce.
Try Magnaflow site

Bazzle

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
SLKman said:

Thanks in advandce.
:) Glasspack mufflers, that a throwback to the 60s. I'm sure there are many aftermarket performance mufflers that will do the job. Caution, I put a nice B&B complete dual stainless steel performance exhaust system on my wife's Cadillac CTS. It was a beautiful system, but way too loud. She hated the noise and after a while, I agreed, it was too loud and annoying. Your quote "make my car sound a little more powerful than it really is", I'm not so sure that's the way to go. Performance mods yes, louder muffler no. It's your car, my opinion.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good advise...thanks for all the info.
It is that the sound of the car now kinda sounds "tin-ish". I would like a more full, deeper sound. Hard to get from a 4cyl I realize, but that is what i am looking for.

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Please, don't go for the "Fart Cans" type... The real performance type will give you a much nicer sound anyway

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ive just fitted a Supersprint Rear , Courtesy of Steve Johnson on Benzworl:bannana:

Sound Brooom, A lot deeper and a bit louder than standard. Very happy.

If yours has 2 mufflers get the intermediate one removed. (between Cats and rear muffler.)

Bazzle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.