Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had really strong winds on Saturday, and a friend who parked next to us lost control of his door when opening it and it thwacked our door mirror.

The top half flew off and the glass popped out.

Top half appears in tact, but the bottom half has a crack on the underside (which will probably clue quite easily) and is missing one of the plastic clips, not so easy to fix. Mirror is in tact and the wires have not yanked out of their connectors.

As far as I can work out, any offical source for Merc spares wants to sell us the entire mirror assembily (for silly amounts of loot). Anyone know where I can source just the bottom half of the outer shell? Ideally, already in Fire Opal Red.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,303 Posts
Mirror parts are far trickier to find.

Not seen anyone list them in separate parts.

A new neighbour is far easier to source.
Shouldn't they be coughing up the dosh. So therefore a new part.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,302 Posts
We had really strong winds on Saturday, and a friend who parked next to us lost control of his door when opening it and it thwacked our door mirror.

The top half flew off and the glass popped out.

Top half appears in tact, but the bottom half has a crack on the underside (which will probably clue quite easily) and is missing one of the plastic clips, not so easy to fix. Mirror is in tact and the wires have not yanked out of their connectors.

As far as I can work out, any offical source for Merc spares wants to sell us the entire mirror assembily (for silly amounts of loot). Anyone know where I can source just the bottom half of the outer shell? Ideally, already in Fire Opal Red.

Cheers.
Here is a picture of the MB parts catalog. If the part you are referring to as the bottom half is number 80 then it can be odered in the color of your car for about US $80. There are some options that determine the correct part number, but it is readily available.

And, of course, the picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12IqrGr8HYqhFTQFNK9ELsOpfBwLrpMXJ/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah - thanks. Yes, part 80 is what I see. Didn't expect it to be quite so expensive for being a bit of moulded plastic, frankly!!! For that amount of cash, I'm definitely having a go with the araldite first. :)

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,302 Posts
Ah - thanks. Yes, part 80 is what I see. Didn't expect it to be quite so expensive for being a bit of moulded plastic, frankly!!! For that amount of cash, I'm definitely having a go with the araldite first. :)
If you provide your VIN I can provide you with the specific part number for your car. Then you can check local price and availability - in case you decide gettting a replacement is a better idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts