Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't know how things are elsewhere in the world, but down here in the south of Texas I'm liking the downward trend of gas prices. Two months ago around hurricane Ike, premium gas was at a record $4.10 per gallon...today regular gasoline is down to $1.80 per gallon! That is like..what...65 Euro cts per liter?

I like! :tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:$1.99 was the magic number for me. The cheapest I've seen in central Virginia is $1.84 (regular unleaded, 110808). Way up, way down, doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, the prices are going down here in Michigan, too, down to $1.97 regular. Just in time to garage the care for the winter...:mad:

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Last time I filled up here it was still over $3.00. Don't remember exactly what, but our resalers are managing to keep the gas price up. Profits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our prices are about £4.30 a UK gallon, which is about $6.85!! Saying that around $5.46 is taxation!!! Wish our fuel was as cheap as yours!

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's why you've got to love that Brabus Smart car!
Yeah, gas is cheaper here, but I bet you have better roads - plus public transportation!

The fuel economy of your Smart car is close to three times better than my Jeep Liberty (I just looked it up online)! I thought about trading in my Jeep for a Smart when the gas prices spiked to $4.50/gallon, but I'm not sure if I could get used to having two 2-seaters and no cargo space. What if I need to haul something bigger than a laptop??? :burnout:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I concur on the price drop. It was nice to see Super Plus (Premium here) drop below $3. I filled up yesterday @ $2.88.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
$2.75 per U.S. gallon Chevron premium gasoline (91 octane, US spec) as of this afternoon. It is better than more than $4/gallon.

D

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't expect them to stay this low, once production is cut the prices will rise again.

Its a pleasant symptom of a very unpleasant situation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You Lucky Lucky People

You Lucky Lucky People

Her in the UK we have just returned to a fairly reasonable price, of £0.95 per litre, yes that is £0.95 per litre, or in your money, $4.40 per Gallon.

I think I may cry

·
Registered
31 Posts
The SMART 4-2 Brabus is a mad little car, my wife bought it in the Summer and it makes you smile everytime you climb in. It corners well considering it's tall aspect, but its acceleration to 40 mph is astonishing for so small a car even with the horrendous delay of it's automatic/semi-automatic gearbox. It is not, however, economic; my wife has to refuel it from empty every week and it has never managed more than 300 miles to a tank. Saying that it is a quirky, fun, animal of a car and we love it!!

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
But how many gallons does the tank hold?

Just paid $3.02 yesterday...

And the station where I was getting non-ethanol gas is now ethanol too. There goes the gas mileage...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You Lucky Lucky People

Her in the UK we have just returned to a fairly reasonable price, of £0.95 per litre, yes that is £0.95 per litre, or in your money, $4.40 per Gallon.
Ouch!!! :eek: You might as well poor your own blood in the tank!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
$2.39 for premium here, $2.05 for regular unleaded, I like it.

·
Vendor
3,782 Posts
I just filled up the truck guys and I could not believe it 26.53!!!! Wow havnt seen it this low in a long long time, hope it keeps up,

Rebekkah in Dallas, TX
www.windrestrictor.com

PLease check out our holiday specials for perfect gift ideas!
and use the discount code: Holiday08
15% 50% and free shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Filled up my SLK [premium @ $2.07 per gallon] and my truck [regular @ $1.77 per gallon] yesterday. Very nice. I'm enjoying the prices for now and hoping that it stays.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I never thought I would see gas prices starting with the number 1. again...

I mean we are all happy and excited about it, but thats how it was all the time.
We almost got to a point when the gas prices were 2.99 instead of 3.30...

Here in Toledo,Ohio Regular is $1.77 and Premium $1.99

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.