Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots of R171 seat parts available

I am beaking a couple of pairs of seats and door cards after fitting replacement seats in my car, so I have most parts available....

Frames
Airbags
Seatbelt pre tensioners
Wiring harnesses and connectors
Seat heat elements
Seat foam
Electric adjustment motors
Some covers in Black leather and some in Black fabric
Handles and plastic trim
Door cards in Black
Any other bits that make up the seats and door cards...

Just drop me a PM if you need anything

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seats are in 1,000 pieces at the moment, thats why they are going for parts. One set was a cloth pair removed from my own car after replacing with a leather pair. Another pair came from a write off but the seller had disguised the fact that one of the side airbags had gone off so that made the seat unuseable, this pair also had heavy items resting on them and very left small but permanent dents in parts of the leather. So out of all of them, I have built a set for my own car (the correct colour/ airscarf/ heat memory etc)...and I have a LOT left over!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Maybe one of the mods could tell me why I am unable to post in the "For Sale" section?

We've had an awful lot of people recently, who are just signing up to sell stuff. Whilst that might be useful to members whom want to buy gear, it's not fair on the supporting members who keep this site going - so, only supporting members can place adds for cars / bits for sale.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,064 Posts
My Left Seat heater (bottom, but not back) has stopped working, do you have one?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Left Seat heater (bottom, but not back) has stopped working, do you have one?
Well that depends.... The seat base is made up of 3 elements, one in the centre and one in each bolster. The bolster elements are glued to the seat foam and the centre element is attached to the seat cover (which detaches from the foam) the 3 elements are connected in series via 2 plug connectors layed into the seat foam. If you separate these 2 connectors you can then isolate which element is faulty using a multimeter to check continuity is each element. But to answer your question... I dont have a cover/Centre element BUT.... I do have a foam base with working bolster elements if its one of those that is faulty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am looking for a driver side (left) seat airbag. Do you happen to have one for sale? and are all your seat parts for a r171?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking for a driver side (left) seat airbag. Do you happen to have one for sale? and are all your seat parts for a r171?

Just edited the title to say that they are indeed 171 parts and yes I do have an airbag for the left seat. It looks like it is rivited to the seat frame in several places so not sure if you are able to re-rivit at your end. Will also have to checkout shipping costs as might be expensive to US.

Oh.. Just had a thought! Will be in White Plains Next week. Have sent you a PM

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,064 Posts
How far does one have to go to properly identify the faulty element in the seat bottom (not back)?

- Remove the seat from the car?
- Separate the back of the seat from the bottom of the seat?
- Remove the leather/fabric from the rest of the seat? If yes from just the bottom?
- Remove the foam from the rest of the seat?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How far does one have to go to properly identify the faulty element in the seat bottom (not back)?

- Remove the seat from the car?
- Separate the back of the seat from the bottom of the seat?
- Remove the leather/fabric from the rest of the seat? If yes from just the bottom?
- Remove the foam from the rest of the seat?
Remove the seat
Take the base off the Frame
Unfasten the seat cover at the rear edge
unclip the two connectors you will see running fron the centre element to each of the bolster elements
check the continuity of each element (at the plugs you disconnected)
the one with no continuity will be the faulty one

REMEMBER... the centre element is attached to the underside of the seat cover. The side alements are bonded to the upper surface of the set foam

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Oh.. Just had a thought! Will be in White Plains Next week. Have sent you a PM

Check with your airline first to avoid hassle - airbags are prohibited on a lot of 'em unless they are in the manufactures shipping cage, and even then TSA says they must be classified as "HAZMAT", which means not on a commercial non-freight flight.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
603 Posts
looking for the driver side heater elements, I have a feeling (no pun intended) that neither the bolster or centre panels are working (John how do I check) as it appears only the back is heating up. How easy is it to fit the elements (John?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey, ill take the driver side airbag. i know i spoke with you late nov. but now i got the funds. please PM me and let me know if you are making a trip back to upstate NY.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.