Mercedes SLK World banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Looks sweet out of interest where did you get the speakers and do they replace the original speaker grill.. Slk98 😎
Hi.
at post #154 you can see how I installed the rear speakers since I didn´t have any at all before.
In the front now I´m using the exact same kind of speakers, 6,5 " Gas Alpha with separate tweeters.
Bought them online..
I don´t want to change the look of the doors, so I will take them apart and just change the speakers and leave the door panels untouched.
I hope that it will work.. I don´t know yet :)

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
233 Posts
Hi.
at post #154 you can see how I installed the rear speakers since I didn´t have any at all before.
In the front now I´m using the exact same kind of speakers, 6,5 " Gas Alpha with separate tweeters.
Bought them online..
I don´t want to change the look of the doors, so I will take them apart and just change the speakers and leave the door panels untouched.
I hope that it will work.. I don´t know yet :)
6.5" adaptor rings are fairly readily available for the r170 and come with grills. Mind you mine fit behind the panel as is, so I must have removed the grill. Can't quite remember. It's an age thing no doubt.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
6.5" adaptor rings are fairly readily available for the r170 and come with grills.
Thanks, but I have to have something do to when I´m in quarantine.
I think this will work..
The appearance of the doors will be unchanged.
I removed the tweeters and took the new ones apart.. after a little bit of struggle I got the new ones to fit.

Then it was time for the speakers..
I took them apart and made some modifications to the bracket, because the new ones had bigger magnets.

One side to go before new speakers are installed in the brackets and tomorrow I will put everything back in the car.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
45 Posts
Hiya yeah bloody self isolating bitch, but has to be done, yeah am going down a slightly different route although it's probably been done is too leatherette my arm rest and center console just before the gear change unit suround then up under dash it's a mission to be hold so am getting someone else to do it, I have a broken speaker grill probably where someone foot or heel went through it, but the speaker is good, so it's the grill I need otherwise it's a 100 odd ponuds to get a set, right now am doing the pse pump circuit board and trying to replace what seems to be a vacuum pipe that's been split where it bends on the boot lid so am getting that made up as I can then cut it to length and be done with it, I love the car it's gonna take a small amount of time and money cost saving ideas where to save cash so I can fill her up with a fresh tank of the good stuff.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts