Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
874 Posts
From memory either under the hood rear drivers side in LHD or the end of the instrument panel.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
If anyone knows, it'll be Martin.
@savcom
Quicker to search than find a picture to show, but @Alex 3 is right. Check the link below where someone else asked the same question:

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Hi,

It will actually be the opposite side to Driver IIRC, in the Equipment Box beside the Battery :)

The above pictures are for a LHD Car, RHD will be on the Left of the Car :)

HTH

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good news, I followed a link in a thread here, don´t remember where.
But there was someone back in 2017 who asked why he only had 6,4 volts at the door switch and 0 volts on the other door.
And the interior light didn´t work.
I got 6,3 volts on one side and 0 on the other, so that couldn´t be a coincidence .
I followed the instructions that member received and found out that I have the exact same problem.
I´m going out now to see if the repair solved the problem :)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
To bad, it got worse...

I did found the exact same problem with corroded contacts at A37.
I cleaned them up with electronic cleaner and reinstalled everything with contact grease.
Now I have 0 volts on both doors.
But the god news is that the roof and centrallocking works perfectly.
Now it´s dark and cold outside again so I have to try again tomorrow, and then I will also install my new headlights :)

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Hi,

The cruddy and corroded A37 is a connector at PSE, and you have now got 0V at both Doors since disturbing it, it is very likely that the Interior Light issue is either a rotted Wire within that Connector area or a water damaged PSE Module

So it seems you are definitely close to rectifying that issue ;)
MB sell Connector Repair kits, (the correct terminals etc) I would try that first.

HTH :)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I haven´t looked into this today, I got a delivery with parts that was more interesting :)
Before and after..
But I also received a new fanregulator, a new damper for the hood, and some filters.
But that, and the interior lights is for tomorrow and the weekend.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
That looks much better IMHO, a Car with a new Face :)
Nice One

Same set up as mine, except I used a Black Grille on Lazulithe Blue Car

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This is very strange,but I was out today for a joyride, Cab down and esp off.
But it´s Sweden and February 2 ... Normally it should be about -20 Celsius.
But I have managed to fix almost everything that was wrong with the car.
I have now ordered new bushings and steering linkage so I can replace everything in the front of the car, some of them aren´t faulty but I will replace them anyway.
But I´m still having trouble with the interior lights and today I noticed that there is a problem with the alarm.
When the alarm goes on all the indicator starts flashing but there is no sound.??
To replace the vacuum pump with the circuitboard it´s a $700 purchase in Sweden, but then I found some on ebay for $150-$200 but they don´t ship to Sweden.
Any ideas?

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
When the alarm goes on all the indicator starts flashing but there is no sound.??
To replace the vacuum pump with the circuitboard it´s a $700 purchase in Sweden,
Hi,

That needs proper diagnosis ..............
I suspect it may well be the Siren, not the PSE assuming locking and Lights etc are working OK ;)
The Sirens are about £80.00 new from MB

HTH,

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Oh, BTW, Good Call with the Suspension, I'm a firm believer that while you are in there, replace the whole lot with quality parts and forget it for another 80,000 miles +++++++ ;)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi,

That needs proper diagnosis ..............
I suspect it may well be the Siren, not the PSE assuming locking and Lights etc are working OK ;)
The Sirens are about £80.00 new from MB

HTH,
No,the interior lights doesn´t work when I opened the doors, but the work if I push the button.
The roof and centrallocking works as it should.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
No,the interior lights doesn´t work when I opened the doors
Hi,

Oh, yeah, sorry, I'd forgotten that, so if that PSE Wiring checks out you could be in for a PSE and maybe a Siren too :(

Lets hope it's just bad wiring / connectors at PSE Plug, I'd definitely open up the PSE and check the PCB, and if it looks OK, solder new terminals on the plug, cut back and extend the wiring if you have to, it might be all black, grotty and rotten for a few inches back from the plug ;)

HTH,

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200 Komp 'Silkie Growler'
417 Posts
Only within us
Petri,

You can have the parcel shipped to a n address in the us that then ships to you in Sweden. Try some of these:

How To Shop In America & Ship Internationally With Shipito

Reship - US, Canada, UK Forwarding & Shipping Solution

ShipW: International Shipping Company. Freight & Package ...

Ship2Me Package Forwarding - Ship2Me Package Forwarding

I'm sure there are others and probably a site that compares the different offers.

You can also do the same for parcels that only ship within the UK: Use Your UK Shipping Address To Shop Online In The UK & Ship Overseas | forward2me

All the best,

Richard

21 - 40 of 98 Posts