Mercedes SLK World banner

201 - 220 of 351 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Off topic..
We had a coffeebreak at work and my colleague asked me what my requirements was regarding the weather before I take the roof down.
uuhhmm,, it´s not raining!!

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I lost about 20% of my income and those where ment for my snagging list.. but I do enjoy my darling a lot.
Yesterday and today I had my roof down and enjoyed every second of the way back home.
I´s not easy the drive the shortest way home, I always end up on detours and it is usually about 140 km/h.
Today I had to make a short stop and take some pictures and when I was about to drive away again the police drove by me, so I ended up behind them. Only 80 km/h for 15 km, but it was nice that to.. :cool:
23 degrees Celsius and no wind

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,230 Posts
Did you know that you can drive it fine in light rain without getting wet as long as you go at least circa 20mph ;)
Not quite. Rain that collects along the top edge of windshield and flows to the sides does come in at the corners. Did that-got wet :confused:

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I found some rust on her, Some girls needs some makeup sometimes :)
Got it cleaned up and painted with rustprimer.. now I have to wait before it´s time for the next step..
One thing of the snagging list.. and this I could afford right now since everything was already in my garage :)
Stay safe..

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,627 Posts
Rain that collects along the top edge of windshield and flows to the sides does come in at the corners. Did that-got wet
I didn't get that in the R170, but IIRC Mel was in the Car so that means the Door Windows were rolled up, only done it the once but we definitely didn't get wet, or there would have been loud and repetitive noises from the passenger seat ?

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
I found some rust on her, Some girls needs some makeup sometimes :)
Got it cleaned up and painted with rustprimer.. now I have to wait before it´s time for the next step..
One thing of the snagging list.. and this I could afford right now since everything was already in my garage :)
Stay safe..
View attachment 575578 View attachment 575579
Now she is beautiful again. :)

The color match was very good and I used wet 800 paper to polish the joint between the old and new color..

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
A new concern..
When I started the car in the morning, about 0 degrees C (or 32 F) I got a big puff of white smoke from the exhaust.
This has happened a couple of times when the car has been parked for a couple of days, (but not every time), and it disappears after a couple of seconds..
Today I was out having fun (empty curvy roads and high speed) and ended up behind a lorry.
I was there for several km waiting for a chance to overtake him and when I shifted down and floored it the white smoke came back, first time it has happen when the engine was in working temperatur.

I tried a couple of times after that to shift down from 6 to 4 and floored it, nothing,, no smoke or any problems at all.
Parked the car, waited and started the engine,, nothing, no problem.

What are the cheapest way to start looking for this problem, or is this normal for this car to behave like this?

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
My plan for this weekend was to change oil, oilfilter and sparkplugs..
Not a single shop within 50 km had the oilfilter in stock, so that work will be postponed to next weekend instead.
So this weekend I will just relax and enjoy a couple of days without working.. :)

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
671 Posts
A new concern..
When I started the car in the morning, about 0 degrees C (or 32 F) I got a big puff of white smoke from the exhaust.
This has happened a couple of times when the car has been parked for a couple of days, (but not every time), and it disappears after a couple of seconds..
Today I was out having fun (empty curvy roads and high speed) and ended up behind a lorry.
I was there for several km waiting for a chance to overtake him and when I shifted down and floored it the white smoke came back, first time it has happen when the engine was in working temperatur.

I tried a couple of times after that to shift down from 6 to 4 and floored it, nothing,, no smoke or any problems at all.

What are the cheapest way to start looking for this problem, or is this normal for this car to behave like this?
My lad's Golf (is that a swear word on here?) has just started doing this, so I'm particulary interested on this one.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
671 Posts
A new concern..

You might be better starting new threads for each issue. It also helps people in the future when they are searching for similar problems.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)
My wind deflector works great, I just have to make some reinforcement to get the camera more stable.
But now I found the original fuse configuration card in the car.
In the schematics I got from you guys several months ago fuse 1 should be involved with the interior lights, but my fuse card says that fuse 1 is for " Telephone, Garage door opening signal, E-Call"
And it´s not in use since I don´t have any of those funktions installed..
Should I try to put in a 5A fuse at #1 and see what happens?

Edit.. there was already a 5a fuse at that location and it was not broken.
So I have to wait again to get enough money to buy sds.

This is so annoying.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Löst of problems just got worse..
Went for a drive yesterday to visit ny parents , early in the morning.
Got to the highway and ut was empty.. speedlimit 110 km and 120 km.. just since I was all alone on the road I drove about 180-210 km/h for 1 hour.
Stopped to regel and a short break. Back on the highway and i left a big white cloud behind me for about 50 meters.
After 1 km the engine warning lights came up and she stopped responcing to the gas,, still going at 120 km/h.
I pulled over and used my cheap obd reader and got p0300 p0302 p0304. I erased them and restarted.
Works fine.. so i got to my parents.
My father havent seen the car so he wanted to try it.
Oil warning showed up.. refilled a little bit and took a short drive.
The car doesnt start as easy as before.. have to crank her more then usual before she fires up.
Now she has been parked over night and I have a 365 km drive home today.. lets see if she makes it.. 😥😥😥😥

201 - 220 of 351 Posts