Mercedes SLK World banner

181 - 200 of 351 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I´m ordering 12 sparkplugs, and 8 liters of oil.
But when I was out today I heard something ticking.. so does anybody know what this is and if that is normal?

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,627 Posts
CAN Purge Solenoid, perfectly normal, in fact on a good running Engine that is about all you should be able to hear ;)

HTH,

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I think that this will be my last post about my car, and my problems with her for a while.
I have tried almost everything and thanks to answers and information from this forum I have fixed about 95% of my darlings issues.
What´s left.. a list of minor issues I can´t afford to investigate further. (Loss of income becase of quarantine)

1.The interiorlight.. on/off works fine, but with the door-switch in position 1 instead of 0 they never turn off.
2. Central locking. From the key it work just as it should, 1 press opens the driver door and 2 press opens up the rest.
I have managed to reprogram this so 1 press open all, so that works.
When I start driving it locks everything. no problem.
But when I press the button in the centerconsole I can only unlock the doors, not lock them again.
3. Windows.. I got down and auto-down, but only up.. no funktion for auto-up.. maybe it should be like this.
Operation of the roof works just fine, windows down and windows up.

I don´t care much about problem #2 and #3 because it´s maybe not even a fault.

#1 This is very very very annoying but I have to learn to live with it.

My options are to buy a new PSE for 5000 sek and try.. or the smart thing and get SDS for 7000 sek, and maybe find out that I need the PSE..
I can´t afford neither of the solutions, but if I could I chose SDS.

I´m not gone, I just gave up on this problem.. I will still be here and read about @Dave2302 project and all other discussions regarding R170.. learning new things every day. :)
Thank you ALL for all your support and help.

·
2,627 Posts
3 is definitely not a fault, I will try out 2 for you later.

I will also print and photo the screen shot of Mitchells Wiring Diagram for interior light, there is a load of pieces involved in the equation.

I'm busy right now, but if I haven't posted up within a few days jog my memory here ;)

Enjoy driving the Car, it will renew your enthusiasm to iron out the last few bugs, believe me with my curent issue I know that only too well ;)

SDS yes, buy that before you buy anything else, it might just save you buying things like a PSE only to find you didn't need it and it made no difference ;)

HTH,

·
2,627 Posts
I like it on my S Class because it annoys the hell outta my ma in law .................

Her "Ooooooooo it's just locked the Door" .................

Me "Yes it does that to prevent you getting hi jacked or falling out, shall I unlock it" ?

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I've got that feature turned off because I find it annoying ..

View attachment 575239
Thanks for the info, could be handy if I want to turn it off.
Right now I´m not in any need of doing that.. I`m always alone in the car and the doors open when I pull the handle.

But the other thing I learned here about opening all doors with the first press on the key was nice.
Have a great day and weekend.

Brgds Petri

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I am enjoying my car a lot, I was out today, roof down, made some shopping.
Ended up where my son lives because he needed some help with his 1000 hk BMW build..I have built the electrical central and he needed information about how to connect everything.. but I got kicked out from there.
Not by him, but his mother and her new man.
They treated me like some kind of a witch that should be burned..
I was not aloud to touch anything and I was not aloud to be anywhere inside.. not even the barn 100 meters away from the house where the car was..

So I went back home and wrote down everything and mailed it to him instead..

And told her and her new man (they where working in the garden with my machines) the clean up all the machines they have borrowed from me to a corona free status and bring them all back to me right now, and never ask again if they borrow them.

·
2,627 Posts
Sorry to hear that, yes the whole world has gone bonkers ;)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
I´m sorry, but I have another stupid question about my car.
My car was delivered with the code "551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM "
I have noticed that when I jack it up to work with the car the indicators starts flashing, but there is no sound.
I found an old thread about the siren from 2015 but it was just 2 posts and solved.
In an other thread the suggestion was to replace the batteries in the siren..

But where is the siren located and could this also be connected to my other problems?

·
2,627 Posts
There is an Anti Tow Away Sensor behind the right ?? Trunk Liner that detects movement and triggers Alarm, your Siren is dead hence no Audible warning ;)

Sirens are cheap enough from MB not to bother with now quite old used EBay dross at half the MB price ;)
Don't bother messing with Sirens internal Batteries, they have likely leaked by now and wrecked the PCB ;)

HTH,

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
The car reacts with flashing indicators if I raise the car with a jack , but no sound.
But I got information that I should look under the plastic that covers the wiper motor..
I will take a look under it to see what I can find.
As usual you always get some hints and ideas very fast if you ask something here.

I just love it.. time to go out and see want I can find..

181 - 200 of 351 Posts