Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My wife has a 1997 SLK230 - great car, but it needs some work doing on teh brakes and in between a recent tyre change and now, we seem to ahve lsot the key for the locking wheel nuts. Anyone know of a way of finding a replacement key apart from taking it to Mercedes and asking them to try all thier keys?
I think it still has the original locking wheel nuts - are they specific to a car like an ignition key? or just a random selection of a limited number of keys?

Any ideas? - (I don't want to cut the exisitng ones off).

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
when we picked up our car it did not have wheel locks. dealer put them on. said don't lose the key, would have to snap the locks off.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Yeah, they are anti-theft devices. If it was easy to replace the key if lost, it would kinda defeat the purpose of having them in the first place :D.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Drop by your friendly MB dealer, they have a tool box with all the keys made by MB for their cars.

When I picked up my C Series, they lost the locking "key" when they swapped a tyre. Ended up back at home with the SA and three boxes full of keys - took about 30 minutes to find the right one, and only about 3 weeks to get it delivered! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.