Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 SLK200 and I've had the car for about 2 weeks.

Last night when I started the car, the dashboard read an outside temp of 4 degrees Celsius. I drove about 100 yards and power in the engine seemed to suddenly cut out. I pressed the throttle towards the floor and the supercharger kicked in and the car accelerated forward. When I took my foot off the throttle and brought the revs back down to when the supercharger cuts out, the car seemed to lose power again. Once the engine warmed up, the car performed normally.

Is this a common/known problem?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.