Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this? Indy put in new lights and fogs today and I lost power seat function. We checked the fuse, it's fine. Any idea? He is looking at it now.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The install is done and they work great. They had to tweak some if it but for the most part that is done. I go to drive off and the seats have no power lol.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The install is done and they work great. They had to tweak some if it but for the most part that is done. I go to drive off and the seats have no power lol.
Hmmm... that's really weird... The headlight wiring shouldn't do anything with power seats, unless the messed in the fuse box =))

Drive it for a couple days and if out of a sudden they start working and the other day stop then it's the common problem =)

Read this post:
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-class-diy/32128-intermittent-seat-adjustment-problem-seat-relay-fix.html

P.S. remember the area where the brake light switch located =).....

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mechanic traced it all the way back to the relay. He plugged in the reader, then brought me out to the shop. He walked me through the diagram from the switch to the fuse, then showed me the fuse box wasn't getting any juice, THEN he walked me through the diagram from the fuse to the relay and that's when I told him I just replaced the brake switch and he replied "are you ****ting me? you did it?" I laughed and said yes.. he gave me a fist bump and laughed and said you rock!

Then he said "lucy it's in this part here.. I bet it's a faulty relay..they're cheap I can get you one". Then he starts knocking on the dash and low and behold the seats move like magic and he smiles and siad "gotcha!". Then he was like "thank god .. I didn't want you to think I jacked up your seats with a headlight mod!".

So he didn't charge me for extra wiring he had to do with the spyders, or the bulb change outs or the diagnostic for the relay [he spent another 45 minutes just looking for the problem]. Problem solved. And I just ordered him 2 large pizzas and sent them over to the shop with a thank you note. Very cool indy indeed.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Glad it's sorted.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
So he didn't charge me for extra wiring he had to do with the spyders, or the bulb change outs or the diagnostic for the relay [he spent another 45 minutes just looking for the problem]. Problem solved. And I just ordered him 2 large pizzas and sent them over to the shop with a thank you note. Very cool indy indeed.
That's a nice indy you got out there =) Glad you found the culprit. The relay is cheap indeed and is just plug and play. Just the lower dash needs to come apart...
Any pictures of a new make-up? :D

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It turns out that modding is thicker than regular chatting.. follow my logic..

new girl walks in for service..
new girl starts talking about epc, part numbers specs, and mods
new girl asks him how his weekend was, and he was looking at a vette he wanted..but couldn't justify it
new girl convinced him to buy his wife [gadget lover] a new kitchenaid mixer then get the vette..[edited: weather he actually got her one or not remains a mystery]

fast forward to today..

"Morning Jim"
Hey luc! how are you? you leaving her with me today right? cool.. new lights yes? awesome..
"Jim.. what happened with the vette?"
I bought it!!
"Shut up! where is it? out back? lets see!"

Then we talked vette mods for 30 minutes. He was like a proud dad with a newborn [my daddy didn't raise no fool lol]. He changed out a couple of the bulbs because he said they were ungodly bright but it wasn't the main bulbs. And it didn't come with turn signal bulbs, so he put in 2 of those because mine were "crap and old". He only charged me for the 3 hours of labor he originally quoted. All in all, great deal, great service, very cool guy and he's a mod junkie..so that completely worked out in my favor.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Pleased it's sorted.

Hmm - Chicago Pizza - if you order from Nancy's, just let me know when you want your SmartTop installing.
I'd go for the deep-dish pizza from Gino's East.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.