Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beautiful day, best sun day since I brought the car and lots of errands to run :)

Was stopped at the lights and this 80's Falcon was next to me and the guy was looking over at me, sneering and reving, it was coughing and spluttering, did not sound well at all. I just sat there chilling out to Africa by Toto playing on the system.

The light went green and this guy took off like a cut cat, I didn't even try, just pulled out sedately.

20m past the intersection this future Darwin award winner slams on his brakes, I have no idea why he felt the need to do that and his bald tires sent him into a parked Honda as he skidded across two lanes of traffic, thankfully I was on the outside of him to start with.

I slowed down but enough people were in the vicinity and I had frozens in the boot so didn't stop.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
3,303 Posts
And the Richard Cranium award goes to.........
He must have a brother who won the award last year when I saw a guy try to race a Porsche 911 in his Passat and ended up re-arranging the local road signage!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
231 Posts
The light went red and this guy took off like a cut cat, I didn't even try, just pulled out sedately.
Wow I guess everything is actually backwards down under :wink:

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
I wonder if his rear end or engine locked up on him? That would lock the rear wheels.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quality vs junk, I guess the other guy was trying to make a statement of some kind - threatened in some way, by a car he could not afford.

A friends Father had an expensive BMW (6 series), he went to his local pub where the parking is such that blocking people in was a normal occurrence. When it happens, people go back to their cars and sort it out. On this occasion even though my friends Father had blocked some one else and not himself, this guy took offence - based it would appear on the apparent value of the BMW. Rich guys have no consideration for others being the theme. My friends Father challenged these derogatory comments coming his way and established that the other fellows car was worth next to nothing. He suggested a wager, his BMW or the guys heap of junk on a 50/50 bet (a cut of the cards, or flip of the coin), they cut cards and the guy lost his heap of junk. He actually had the nerve to inquire if my friends Father was actually going to take the car - he did.

I asked my friends Father why he made such a wager, his car was worth infinitely more than the car he won. He told me the guy was shouting his mouth off and he gave him the opportunity to put his convictions where his mouth was. I continued but you could have lost your car worth thousands of pounds.

To which he replied. The difference between that guy and myself is that I can afford to lose my car, I will simply go out and buy another, where as the other guy could not afford to lose his. The moral of the story being don't mix it with people who can afford to call your bravado - they cant lose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts