Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
*Registered
2014 SLK250
1,001 Posts
Can't tell for sure from the angles, but they look to be the 'turbine' wheels AMG use on the CLS. Take more time to clean is the only complaint on them!
Ride will be harsher than on 18s,
Looks a good clean car. Rear camera was not standard nor an option.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
The car at that link is showing as "Now Sold"... Did you buy it already? :D

·
Registered-sold my '55
905 Posts
I'd be asking for the original wheels as part of the deal.....the originals were 18" and probably the 10 spoke if it had the AMG handling package plus the other extras. You might have a problem selling it on without the original wheels...and they will cost you a pretty penny. As a few of us around might tell you that the ride is already harsh enough with 18", not that I have ever driven with 19"'s but I would imagine the ride will be harsher depending on the tires / tyres.:frown:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those look to be the 19" OEM AMG wheels that can be optioned on the current CLA 45. AMG light weight, not "AMG Sport" package material.

That said, they are heinous and have been paired with the silver OEM SLK55 wheel caps rather than the black caps that they should be.

Their presence alone would be a deal-breaker for me. And while I can't comment on their specific compatibility with the R172 chassis, I think that the inability to option OEM 19" rims on the current SLK speaks volumes on the advisability of doing so.

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
611 Posts
I picked up a 13 plate SLK55 last month after many months of searching, the car in the advert seems a bit cheap to me for the age and mileage compared to what I'd been seeing over the past 6 months or so. I only looked at MB main dealers though so that might make a difference. coupled with the non-standard kit it would make me look really hard at what I was buying.

Good luck, the SLK55 is a great car, there will be one out there with your name on it - it could be this one !

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
It appears to have Harmon Kardon sound system and the full climate control. The specification section of the ad says it has 18" 5-spoke bicolour wheels. One thing about the bigger wheels is that they make the arch-gap look bigger so it needs dropping in my opinion.

I would not buy a modified car personally. It's harder to insure a car with aftermarket wheels as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.