92,857 Posts
@sparkyhx

i added 2016 to your vehicle profile

also removed bmw from vehicle section as you had it also in 'other toys'

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got one.

I currently have no opinions other than the DAB seems to be a bit pants, need to get the instructions out, cos i'm sure i'm missing something :)
Nice looking car and yes I've had mine for just over a month now and can vouch for the DAB being pants.

Possibly to do with the aerial being in the windscreen.

My Toyota Auris DAB is far better

·
Registered
281 Posts
It’s been at least a week and still no pic ????
How are you finding the car , likes and dislikes
😁

·
Registered
87 Posts
seek out a 250d

Hi, been following this thread, here's my totally biased opinion, hope it helps.

At that price why not look for a 250d rather than Cdi. The last SLK's (2016 model year, from late 2015), got the upgraded 250d engine and 9g box as fitted to the SLC and other current MB's.
It is faster, cleaner (Euro6), and more economical. Easy 55 plus real world mpg, and just £35 road tax.
You will find one at that price.
Easily identifiable by the short stubby gear lever.

(If you can wait until spring you can have mine. Owned from new, 63k, full history and MB warranty until October 2020, loads of spec, including all the seat options, nappa leather, pan roof, nav etc. etc.).

The cars are out there but most are very low spec. due to being leased when new so will take some searching.

As for the 200 petrol, personally I would not bother as you seem to like a bit of power. It is programmed to do blips on the downshifts so sounds fast, but to does not go, I had one for 4 days and christened it botox as it looked good but could not move. IMHO:laugh:
The 350's are very nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a SLK 250CDI, its ok and pretty nippy (quick), I average around 45 mpg which is great as I'm driving 40 miles a day in it, if I had the 350 then it would cost me double in fuel costs. It all depends on how far you drive, the petrol 350 sounds nice and would be better on short journeys?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts