Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum - looking to purchase an R170 model SLK between $5-7K. (One that needs some TLC is fine, minus engine/mechanical work.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for one? I'm not sure how much I trust Ebay for making such a purchase, and Craigslist doesn't have much listed. Can anyone suggest a small (non-mercedes) dealer, or even a buy here pay here type of place that could get their hands on one? (Or a shop in/around Atlanta that specializes in Mercedes and can check out a car for me if I find one online?)

(I'd like to avoid actual Mercedes dealers if I can. I've got an Infiniti and dealer markup on sales/service on it is rediculous - can't imagine markup at Mercedes dealers.)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Right now on cars.com the lowest price for an SLK in your area... an 2001... was alil over 14K... just FYI... also, I have a friend who has bought and sold a number of cars on ebay... If you do things the way ebay says, you have good protection, if you do not play by the rules... you will get burned...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot all about the sale/want topic. Just posted a want ad there...

Still, if anyone knows a dealer who could check out a car for me when I find one, that would be great.

I'll check out cars.com, too. Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is my experience as well. I have bought and sold several motorcycles through eBay with good to great results. One must do due diligence.

Right now on cars.com the lowest price for an SLK in your area... an 2001... was alil over 14K... just FYI... also, I have a friend who has bought and sold a number of cars on ebay... If you do things the way ebay says, you have good protection, if you do not play by the rules... you will get burned...

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
I'm looking for someone/anyone in the Florida or possibly Atlanta area to keep an eye out for a 350 - preferably silver or pewter with the red interior; alternative would be blue exterior and/or tan interior. I'm an airline pilot, so can pop down for a look if the prospect is good.

..or .. send me a link to a dealer you can recommend!

Thanks, John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts