Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to this forum!

I have a 2006 SLK R171. I am looking for R171 badge (emblem) as shown in the picture. If anyone has what I need, kindly contact me! :smile:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,596 Posts

·
93,596 Posts
or ebay of course!

·
93,596 Posts
did you see my link in post 2? 3 covers there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did, however that emblem is 27mm - the one that fits mine would be 25mm.

Perhaps I should simply purchase a new carbon fibre gear shift (which includes the emblem, of course) instead. What do you think?

·
93,596 Posts

·
93,596 Posts
what was wrong with this one?

Mercedes style Star Wreath emblem
#MB-Wreath-Emblem

Beautiful black/silver replica of the Mercedes star with wreath. It is round in shape and fits shift knob 19-1 and certain Mercedes shift knobs and certain control knobs.

This emblem measures 27mm or 1-1/16 inch in diameter. If your factory emblem is oval - it will not fit. If the opening on your shift knob is less than 27mm it will not fit.

If the opening in your factory shift knob is slightly too small, use a Dremel with a cylindrical 100 grit sanding bit @8,000 RPM, Fast Enough so it won't skip with a firm grip. This will increase the diameter of the opening so that the 27mm emblem can be installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be 2mm bigger than what I measured my opening to be (25mm). I also do not have the tools and capabilities to sand my opening bigger haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts