Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to locate install instructions for a 2007 R171. I recently acquired a set of OEM Illuminated door sills, but they do not have install instructions. Hoping to avoid paying the dealer...

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
I am pm'ing you.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
Try these and also read your private message

click on installation link

ForMyMercedes.com

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
procedure should be the same. I have another set of instructions, also not mb, but power to illuminate is power. should be very similar. oh well, i tried

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
Craige (Curro101) makes his own illuminated door sills and maybe can confirm how his is installed

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
send me your email and i will send you the other set of install instructions

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
I fitted a set of those a while back.
As far as I can remember it was just a matter of supplying a 12v permanent source, which I took piggybacked fro the dash end fuse box and then you just remove the door switch connectors and plug them into the "opposite gender" connector on the harmess, connecting the other connector back on the harness to the switch.
I ran the wiring behind the rear wall carpet, through the bottom of the centre console and over to the passenger side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.