Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back my wife became disabled and the sudden loss of income caused our financial world to collapse. We hired an attorney to file bankruptcy but then decided to follow the Dave Ramsey plan instead. I made a deal with my wife that if we sacrificed, stuck to the budget and paid off all our debt I would get to pay cash for a sports car.

We will be totally debt free by Christmas. So next year I am going to get my car, and that car will be a SLK (170). The time I spend here keeps me motivated to stick to the tight budget. So I am getting quite a bit from the forum, and don't even own a Mercedes.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations on your plan and follow through. The light at the end of the tunnel is near. Enjoy that special SLK.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. Well done with your plan, and good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Well Done!

. . . and Welcome from the North Coast of California . . . just got my SLK 230 a month ago . . . really do enjoy the Kompressor (Supercharger). When you get yours I am sure you and your wife will enjoy many night drives with the top down cruising in the country side . . . full moon, quite night . . . plan on it!

·
Registered
604 Posts
im very well aquainted with the master dave! i bought my slk32 for 8000$ less than the asking price because of the power of cash. let me know if i can help in any way

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,914 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. And congrats on staying on plan. You will be glad you did by December.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Congrats and glad you are here!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and great work on being a fiscally responsible unit of society.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the encourageemnt!

SoCalSLKDude, it won't let me reply to PMs yet (not enough posts) but thanks for the info you sent.

Following the Financial Peace plan has made a world of difference in our life, and our marriage.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,459 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix i love Dave,s advise. That is the reason why i drive an 99 r170 with 54k on the clock. Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope all is well as it can be. Now do not listen to them rich Slk Drivers here on this side yup they poke fun at us because we just drive an R170. Not an R171/172 or Amg keep in mind them fancy Slk Drivers started out most likely in an R170 they just don,t like to remember. LOL No matter what Slk you will buy i be shure you have many smiles and miles down the Road. Life is too short to worry about a Trunk Patch that reads Slk 55 Amg. Buy what makes you happy and gives you and your wife plenty of smiles miles going down the road.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. Great story. Wish the best for you and your wife.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts