Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I recently bought my 2006 SLK with the interior Colour code "875A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BEIGE".

The car is a sweet ride but the driver's seat is a bit beat-up (the beige colour is warn off in some areas)

I've been looking for a dye that matches this colour and have had no luck...

I've read posts of some members with the same problem but unfortunately the threads seems inconclusive.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just a bit of info: I belive the colouring on the SLK seats is actually leather paint rather than dye.

You might have more luck searching that way.

Cheers,
Brian

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Color-Plus Leather Dye Kit

They call it leather dye, I'd call it paint. This stuff is great. They know standard MB colors or will exactly match anything if you can lend them a part to reference: https://colorplus.com/

With our CLK350 we purchased the dealer's warrantee and it includes leather coverage. When their rep arrived to repair damage from a bungled detailer he had this stuff and made the seat and steering wheel look like factory-new leather in under an hour. It does like to have as much drying time as you can give it, so best to let the car rest for a day or two after restoration. Their tech cleaned the leather then applied the dye using a brush, performed in the driveway, made it look easy, results were perfect.

Along with dye they have complete restoration products to repair and rejuvenate leather cracks/scuffs/tears. The kit I ordered here was custom matched to soft Italian leather seats in another car that needed a little more help than just color.

Tip: If you need to send them something to color match, at the dealership or on eBay get a new car brochure featuring the interior color options with sample swatches.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also looking to find the right color/dye and have struggled. Nappa Semi aniline beige 875A is not something I can find. When I asked Mercedes they said that all they could do was to deliver a new seat. The seat back parts number was no. A17191033478K27. When looking at the specs for this part here https://www.ilcats.ru/mercedes/?function=getParts&class=1&catalog=66V&aggtype=FG&model=171458&group=91&subgroup=065&language=en my understanding looking at the specs is that the correct color is QFT171A2001 SAHARA BEIGE. At Colorloch.com I found a kit with leather refresh dye "Mercedes-Benz - sahara beige light version". Will order and see how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.