Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2004 slk 320 both the rear view mirror and outside drivers side mirror
do not automatically dim at night. Is there any thing that I can do to make them work like there are suppose to? Or do I live with it or do I hve to take it to MB and have them work on it?

Thanks

jnc 1948

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,011 Posts
you can check your datacard if you got one from us. If it does not say autodimming, you don't have one. That said, if you do have autodimming, did you check the fuses for them?

fuse 4 dashboard
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-class-diy/208746-r170-fuse-box-diagram.html

4 15 amp [light blue] Reversing lamp, turn signal lamp, [control, rear wiper / anti dazzle rear view mirror
control, parking aid]

·
105,011 Posts
did u check the fuse?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I printed out the Fuse Diagram Remember this is my first MB and I not to sure what to do are where the fuse boxes are in the car..and what one do I check? Are there spares in the fuse box some where if not where do I go any buy just 1 fuse? Please advise...

jnc1948

·
105,011 Posts

·
105,011 Posts

·
105,011 Posts
i assume it is another way to express the 'dimming' feature.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks but I guess I can live without automatic dimming....No big deal was just wondering why there were not working.....

knowing that it is a 11 year old Benz things will happen.... like the wood down the the gear sifter looks like it coming up a little around the corners and block me from opening the ash tray and coin tray located down there...and a little chip of the wood broke off very little chip thanks havens... Some times don't think the rear windows close tight when the roof come back up and locks in...and last but not lease both front windows don't seem to go all the way down.... looks like there are up only a very very little not all the way down in the door is that normal?

Sorry for all the questions being a new owner of such a nice Benz just wording about all the little things.. But she runs nice and the ride is very good...radio and 6cd changer works just fine and the speaker are petty good sounds too..

Thanks Hope to hear back from you again... I am a disable former Army Spec 4 from the Viet Nam war..

jnc1948 Charlotte NC

·
105,011 Posts
Thank you for your service!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.