Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ...

My CA bushings are shot, so since I will have to get an alignment anyway, I should probably just upgrade the suspension at the same time! :laugh:

- I do not want to drop much from stock height
- I want a more track-like ride, but it is primarily a back roads / highway machine
- I'm curious about BC vs KW vs P030 (can you even buy those stand-alone?)
- What is it about KW that is worth 3x more?!
- I do have a tower bar installed already.
- The car is not driven often, but driven rather hard. Robust components are welcomed. It is garaged and only driven in the dry.

Any thoughts / experiences would be welcomed! Thank you...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m very happy with Bilstein B8 dampers and Eibach springs (sold as ones for SLK350 but suit SLK55 as well). My car lowered approx. one inch, not too low yet much sportier than the original setup. I also installed K-Mac adjustable bushings to rear suspension arms to correct rear camber. Without them my camber was like -2.1 degrees whereas the standard is around -1.3.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m very happy with Bilstein B8 dampers and Eibach springs (sold as ones for SLK350 but suit SLK55 as well). My car lowered approx. one inch, not too low yet much sportier than the original setup. I also installed K-Mac adjustable bushings to rear suspension arms to correct rear camber. Without them my camber was like -2.1 degrees whereas the standard is around -1.3.

Thanks for the info! They're damned proud of those K-Macs, aren't they? $480 per pair is SOMETHING! Still, I appreciate the tip - I didn't even know they existed. That might be the ticket if I do have to go with a lower setup.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
508 Posts
I would actually like to maintain the current ride height on my 2005 55 AMG but stiffen up the rear suspension, the P.O. put oversize tires in the back and while the look is outstanding they tend to rub a bit on moderate to extreme dips in the road. There are no physical signs on either the tire or the fender but the noise is unnerving. Any advice on stiffening her up a bit would be appreciated.

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
You make just need spacers. Find out which side of the tire is rubbing. If it is the inside then a small spacer would likely fix the problem. If it is the outside then you could roll the fenders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts