Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a good after market trunk lip fin/spoiler. I would like to get one that is just like an original one found on the SLK32. I see lots of options on Ebay, but it's hard to tell how good they are. I was wondering if anybody here has found and purchased one, if so, I would greatly appreciate it if you would point me in the right direction, thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just added this lip spoiler (top one) to my car:

ForMyMercedes.com

I bought a used one off of Ebay, which was a lot cheaper. However, it was silver. I paid a friend of a friend $50 to custom match my paint color and install it. Looks great. IMHO, it adds a very subtle design element to the back of the car. I plan on taking some pics soon if you'd like to see how it turned out.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
I just added this lip spoiler (top one) to my car:

ForMyMercedes.com

I bought a used one off of Ebay, which was a lot cheaper. However, it was silver. I paid a friend of a friend $50 to custom match my paint color and install it. Looks great. IMHO, it adds a very subtle design element to the back of the car. I plan on taking some pics soon if you'd like to see how it turned out.
Are the ones on ebay a good / close replica of the SLK32, or rather different?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine was an OEM spoiler from a 2003 SLK32. It was from a silver car. It had some scuffs and scratches, but it looks great after it was repainted to match my car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been searching for a good after market trunk lip fin/spoiler. I would like to get one that is just like an original one found on the SLK32. I see lots of options on Ebay, but it's hard to tell how good they are. I was wondering if anybody here has found and purchased one, if so, I would greatly appreciate it if you would point me in the right direction, thanks!
Here's mine after restoration and a paint match. I've also added a new chrome tail pipe to my car and window tinting. I do really like the look of the lip spoiler after installation.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.