Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in picking up a smarttop module at a decent price. Can be used as long as it functions properly. Looking to buy asap! Thanks in advance for the input on this :rb

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
slkstore.com. people that have it ain't giving it up!!!

·
96,599 Posts
Ahhh Master Po. So wise. So green.

·
96,599 Posts
that is mold on him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to test the waters to see if a used one was out there but Ive this thing in action and once I have I wouldn't give it up lol but thanks for the info guys. I'll be ordering mine tonight. (early Christmas for me!!)

·
96,599 Posts
Great move. where in Florida you at again? in case you need my help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great move. where in Florida you at again? in case you need my help
I live in Jax. I received the module on Sat and will be installing today after work. I will keep ya'll updated on the progress. I programmed the module last night and printed the diy step by step so I should be good to go! Appreciate the help.

·
96,599 Posts
I will be at hockey game tonite so if u pm me i won't be responding quickly. just post here. you will do fine!

·
96,599 Posts
that canbus cover is the bear!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the canbus plug setup different for every car? Ken at the slkstore said that every canbus plug is wired differently example wire in slot#3 on plug is not always in slot 3 it varies per car even if the model of the car is the same. Seemed a bit odd to me I would think the every R171 would be wired the same to make things easier to service. If thats the case the techs would be chasing wires all day since there isn't standard to follow....

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Not different for every car, just varies a lot depending on options fitted. Just make sure you have the connector block oriented the correct way, and count in from the correct end.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . and the main thing to remember is to put a towel (or similar protection) over the edge & clips from where you removed the inner sill cover, else you WILL shred your wrists, and end up with blood making a mess of the car's interior.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
. . . and the main thing to remember is to put a towel (or similar protection) over the edge & clips from where you removed the inner sill cover, else you WILL shred your wrists, and end up with blood making a mess of the car's interior.
I will absolutely do that! thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Is the canbus plug setup different for every car? Ken at the slkstore said that every canbus plug is wired differently example wire in slot#3 on plug is not always in slot 3 it varies per car even if the model of the car is the same. Seemed a bit odd to me I would think the every R171 would be wired the same to make things easier to service. If thats the case the techs would be chasing wires all day since there isn't standard to follow....
You want the slot NEXT to the one with solid brown and brown-black wire, usually it is the no.3 slot, the brown & brown-black one is usually no. 4. As Woolly stated, it is dependent upon the options and accessories installed in the vehicle. Make sure you have a good light source.

·
96,599 Posts
and Eddy knows as he wrote the dyi!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.