Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm really interested in SLK 280 R171 PFL (04-08). But I have a little problem- can't find any action videos with this car. Do You have this kind of videos? Powersliding, burnouts, drifting, accelerating, reving, donuts, etc.
I'll be very grateful for those vids.
Cheers
PW

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
You will find that such behaviour is not common among SLK drivers. The cars are certainly capable.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,064 Posts
Paolito,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum
Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nakulan7, I know that SLK is noble car, but what's wrong with having some fun with your car? You never play with your 350?

jbanks15, thanks for tips. But please tell me, where should I post my question? I thought it's a right place for it. Obviously I have used 'search', but I haven't found things that i'm interested in.

Cheers.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
nakulan7, I know that SLK is noble car, but what's wrong with having some fun with your car? You never play with your 350?

jbanks15, thanks for tips. But please tell me, where should I post my question? I thought it's a right place for it. Obviously I have used 'search', but I haven't found things that i'm interested in.

Cheers.
Boy racers do the sort of stunts your looking for. You wont find them here. We respect our cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having fun with car doesn't mean not respecting it. Please don't tell me that everyone who's having fun with his car is a boy racer. I know a man who has a Bentley Brooklands and enjoys to play with his car.

I just want to know possibilities of 280, so please, do not make a fool of me.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Having fun with car doesn't mean not respecting it. Please don't tell me that everyone who's having fun with his car is a boy racer. I know a man who has a Bentley Brooklands and enjoys to play with his car.

I just want to know possibilities of 280, so please, do not make a fool of me.
Nobody is looking to make a fool of you. I just dont think you will find anyone in this forum that does the sort of things with their cars that your looking for

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nobody never played with his SLK here? Really? It is a sport car, isn't it?
I don't mean burning rubber to the end of tire, but what is wrong with filming SLK running to 100 km/h?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is very nice, thanks! Now You see what I was looking for ;)

But how about 280, because I'm particularly interested in this engine in SLK.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
This is very nice, thanks! Now You see what I was looking for ;)

But how about 280, because I'm particularly interested in this engine in SLK.

The first video was taken from inside a 350 I cant say about the others as on those meets there are just about every model of SLK taking part. The 280 and 350 are pretty similar. Both have V6 engines the 280 is 3 litre and the 350 3.5 litre. the performance is very similar. If you want more power you need to look for a 55 V8

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always thought there's a big diffrence between 280 and 350, almost 50HP and bigger engine in 350. I can't choose AMG because I'm very young driver, and AMG will probably kill me on first corner ;)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I always thought there's a big diffrence between 280 and 350, almost 50HP and bigger engine in 350. I can't choose AMG because I'm very young driver, and AMG will probably kill me on first corner ;)

There's a difference, but both cars handle just about the same. All of the SLKs have more than enough power to exceed the handling limits of the chassis. On the 200, 280 & 350, you just have a bit more margin.

Here's a link to some more videos - not a lot of tire burning, but then again, that's not what I enjoy. Some were shot from a '350, others from a '55, but as you can see, it's possible for a 350 with a good driver to stay in front of a '55 quite easily. There's usually a couple of 200's in the mix as well, and they are rarely out of sight. Straight line is no fun for me, I like the twisties!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts