Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,176 Posts
I just posted in the new members page. I bought a Red 05 SLK55 AMG for my wife for Christmas. When my friends found out, I got spammed with about 100 emails with links to this Hoovie video - until then I had no idea who Hoovie was :)

Anyway, this is the wife's new ride
:D

What are you doing in the ladie's section? huh? huh? :D

GET OUT :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That little box just simply doesn't offer anything for me. I can hold the button while roof is operating, I can roll it up'n'down via ir remote if I want to, I don't need extra light and beep show and certainly don't want to operate the roof while speeding. It's a nice gadget but not worth of time and money. This is just my opinion and I don't want to insult anyone. Actually... Who ever is manufacturer I'm happy to report as a volunteer for marketing speech.
I like to get my car 'ready' when I leave my front door. By the time I get to the car the roof is down, and in summertime, all the hot air has disappeared.

Also, I like to be able to have all 4 windows up while roof is down.

And the ability to move it on the fly is priceless. Imagine being on the outside lane of a motorway, when coincidental to a bumper to bumper slow-down from xxx to 30mph-ish the heavens decide to open. Don't ask me how I know...

As far as being a spokesman for Mods4cars - too late, Jim Banks already has the job!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,426 Posts
Hoovie has limited mechanical skills and understanding, but he has the Car Wizard, a great mechanic with a huge knowledge of nearly every car made, who keeps the Hooptie Fleet percolating.
I took my SLK to the wizard to see if he could clear a TCU trouble code. AND HE COULDN'T.... some kind of wizard! :|

I asked if he could get out his SnapOn scanner, and he said he didn't like using it... I thought maybe someone who worked on a lot of interesting imports would show some interest in the ole '55 swapped 230 but he seemed none-the-wiser.

I left reminded why I do all my own work...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts