Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,848 Posts
He's dead Jim

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,433 Posts
He lives about 30 miles from me.. I could drop a card in his mailbox!

I bought an Audi A6 from him about 6 years ago, before he was "famous". it was definitely a hooptie!

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,455 Posts
Agree that it looks a nice R171/55AMG example :tu:
From the video: sounds quite true how people compliment a Red SLK, then order a Black or maybe Silver 55AMG...!!
Sweet! Car's pretty good too but needs a SmartTop!
....also needs a wind deflector & a baseball cup for the lady :grin:

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hoovie readily admits to being an idiot!

Sadly I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well... Really hope I'm proved wrong.

I pity the car than ends up in Hoovie's garage. If they aren't hoopties on arrival, they'll be on departure. Some of the worst ones end up with Tavarish or 305 Garage. Check out Apollo 911 or the 355 Ferrari. No human can have such bad luck.:crying:

Hoovie has limited mechanical skills and understanding, but he has the Car Wizard, a great mechanic with a huge knowledge of nearly every car made, who keeps the Hooptie Fleet percolating.

Hopefully, Hoovie's GF will appreciate the car and take care of it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
She is beautiful! The car of course. For once he actually purchased a car that will work correctly and is not a POS. Hopefully his wife keeps it and does not crash it! I met him MANY years ago like in 2007 at a meet and basically he is known for buying junk cars and attempting to fix them lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I pity the car than ends up in Hoovie's garage. If they aren't hoopties on arrival, they'll be on departure. Some of the worst ones end up with Tavarish or 305 Garage. Check out Apollo 911 or the 355 Ferrari. No human can have such bad luck.:crying:

Hoovie has limited mechanical skills and understanding, but he has the Car Wizard, a great mechanic with a huge knowledge of nearly every car made, who keeps the Hooptie Fleet percolating.

Hopefully, Hoovie's GF will appreciate the car and take care of it!

He just buys junk... I had a F355 and 911 996 and did not have any of the issues he has had. Bought my F355 from a Ferrari dealer. Bought my 911 from a PCA Member who took care of it. He basically buys cars that people trash, cannot afford to fix or from buy here pay here lots.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I allways wondered why US/CAN/JPN market areas got AMG's with red color but not in Europe or at least I haven't found one. Or they are self-imported.

Hoovies old F355 actually burst into flames when other youtuber was driving with it. Parker Nirenstein is one those vlogers that absolutly knows nothing about cars. Got me mad when hes doing those stupid "straight pipe" videos but all hes doing is unbolting exhaust.

And I vote no for smart top.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,694 Posts
I allways wondered why US/CAN/JPN market areas got AMG's with red color but not in Europe or at least I haven't found one. Or they are self-imported.

Hoovies old F355 actually burst into flames when other youtuber was driving with it. Parker Nirenstein is one those vlogers that absolutly knows nothing about cars. Got me mad when hes doing those stupid "straight pipe" videos but all hes doing is unbolting exhaust.

And I vote no for smart top.
Why?? :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
That little box just simply doesn't offer anything for me. I can hold the button while roof is operating, I can roll it up'n'down via ir remote if I want to, I don't need extra light and beep show and certainly don't want to operate the roof while speeding. It's a nice gadget but not worth of time and money. This is just my opinion and I don't want to insult anyone. Actually... Who ever is manufacturer I'm happy to report as a volunteer for marketing speech.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts