Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
I just found a cool installation thread by @Merc55. Super nice work....He went full tilt boogie.

2 Alpine Amps and an Alpine DSP. A new front center speaker too. 6.5" woofers with a custom wood adapter. 10" sub in the passenger footwell. I don't see any rear speakers mentioned or amplified. Maybe they are left out of the system?

If anyone is left here and is interested, here it is:

These are HK pods:

Talented dude..Man this must sound amazing....... I have to hire out so maybe there's a corner or 2 I can cut to make it a bit less costly.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The HK system is complex and I'm here because I don't understand it and am asking you all for help. Obviously, despite that, I still don't understand everything. The wiring is complex. The stupid HK pods are a pain in the rear for aftermarket speakers. There's a lot to consider.

I just want a new HU, powered sub, aftermarket door speakers and an aftermarket amp that powers all 11 speakers adequately(maybe that's impossible as the front speaker is wired oddly in the Gateway)... And recommendations for the aftermarket amp. But now you tell me I'd need to rewire to have a new amp power all 11 speakers. It gets more and more complex.
I have given you the recipe several times, but you keep coming back to freaking 11 speakers! You don't need 11 speakers. 3 speakers on each side and the sub is plenty. An adapter plate is just a ring, it is much easier than a full pod.

·
Super Moderator
11,521 Posts
This is starting to get a bit tense ...... 222 posts/12 pages and it still appears there is no resolution.

At this point, I am closing this thread.

Please do not re-start this topic .

221 - 223 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.